about 1 month ago
Food and Beverage Assistant
Salary - meets NMW & NLW requirements
Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow, Finnieston Quay, Glasgow, G3 8HN
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 19 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe..
The Food and Beverage Assistant role involves a range of duties, including; the service of food dishes and drinks from our hotel menus, preparing the restaurant and service areas for service, lay up and clearing of tables, giving attentive customer focused service to our customers during their meal ensuring that our customers have a great dining experience through efficient service. The Food and Beverage Assistant will have full understanding of our dishes and the ability to upsell, delivering great customer service; whilst ensuring the brand values and standards are delivered.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Food and Beverage Assistant role include:
• Identifying customer service problems or issues before they arise.
• Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with customers.
• Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
• Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
• Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
• Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on customer requests.
• Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
The successful applicant should have experience working in a customer service environment preferably within a hotel/hospitality related role and able to work flexible hours, on any day of the week.
• Award winning employer
• Competitive Salary
• Worldwide team member benefit programme
• 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
• Team member of the month incentive
• Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
• Incremental holiday allowance based on service
• Apprenticeships available
• Healthcare options
• Pension options
With 164 rooms, our stylish riverside hotel is conveniently situated alongside the SSE Hydro Arena, the perfect location for those who enjoy working in the vibrant City of Glasgow.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration for up to 100 guests, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests can stay energised with a visit to our Fitness Centre and enjoy a relaxed meal in our newly refurbished 'Recess' restaurant. This contemporary hotel is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Food and Beverage Assistant position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.