3 months ago
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, spread across Europe, the UK and America. We offer a range of cuisines from rustic Italian to modern British. Working with us as a Sous Chef, you will have fun, get inspirational training, develop your career and have the chance to work with us around the globe, all whilst receiving great pay and benefits.
Set in 18 acres in the heart of Somerset, Babington House opened in 1998 for those who wanted to enjoy the countryside but weren’t prepared to compromise on urban luxuries. With 32 individually designed bedrooms for all occasions as well as the Main House were you will find the restaurant, traditional stone Orangery, Deli Bar, Library, Snooker Room and Study. Other facilities at Babington House include the Cowshed Relax spa, indoor and outdoor heated pools, a gym, steam room, sauna, and Cinema. The grounds have tennis courts, a cricket pitch, croquet lawn, walled garden which or gardens grow herbs, vegetables which supply our kitchen daily as well as ouronsite chapel and idyllic lake.
This role is responsible for managing the operations of the Floor on a day by day basis, maintaining consistent management presence. Time manage the day to be able to be on the floor at all times during service periods
* Supervise and coordinate the activities of all staff to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant
* Maintains all steps of Service and Soho Standards with each guest and employee they may come in contact with
* Entertain guests or members while following our Soho House Ethos, ensuring the company culture is visible in all aspects of the business
* Builds relationships with members and guests to ensure long term membership and success
* Complete manager opening and closing checklists as required, including daily reports and daily administrative duties
* Ensure Chef's vision is delivered impeccably according to the menu in place; lead the staff through flawless transitions in between menus
* Work closely with the host staff to oversee reservations, floor timing management, menus and seating charts
* Leads and inspires the staff to achieve, and ideally, exceed company and hotel goals stemming from the company core objectives and values, e.g. Guest Relations, Employee Relations, Costs & Efficiency, and Sales and Revenue
* Ensures appropriate and effective daily focus on company and hotel goals while contributing to the strategic development of the hotel
* Assist in the hiring, training, motivating, coaching, discipline and payroll of staff.
* Assist, lead and conduct effective and consistent training sessions, department meetings and pre-shift sessions
* Accepts full accountability for the people, product and profit within the house
* Resolve guest complaints, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Responds to guests’ requests in an accurate and timely manner, creating a positive outcome that will result in a memorable experience
* Ensure the neatness, cleanliness and order of all dining rooms and equipment through constant monitoring and communication with those departments responsible for cleaning and maintenance
* Expert in food and beverage and excellent knowledge of all departments internally
* Assist in setting up and carrying out inventories. Assist in maintaining all restaurant equipment and bar equipment in proper working order; ensures and controls usage of cleaning supplies and maintain hand washing and first aid facilities in restaurant and bar. Requisition, store, stock, inventory, collect, wash and restock china, silver, glass and other equipment according to a predetermined par stock
* Assure the proper handling of VIPs. Protect their privacy and confidentiality
* Ensuring compliance to all hotel policies and procedures at all levels
* Maintain controls against theft and waste. Control breakage of all dining ware.
* Work closely with the General Manager, other Restaurant Managers, Executive Chef and Pastry Chef, Sous Chefs, and other departmental managers and supervisors to coordinate daily operations and events
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent phone skills, customer service oriented and proactive. Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanour at all times
* Is Friendly, engaging, gracious, has the ability to focus and connect with all guests at all levels and employees and exceed their expectations
* Participate in teamwork and assist other departments when needed
* Maintain a fun and energetic attitude at all times
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
* Related Restaurant Management experience in a quality and high volume operation
* Strong communication skills
* Passion for food & beverage
* Ability to work in a friendly relaxing demeanour with quick customer service
* Flexible schedule
* Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
* Detail oriented
* Basset & Food Handler Certified
* Computer literacy to include Micros, PC’s and Mac
* Basic Office experience, including answering telephone calls, assisting members and guest with computer issues
* Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
Soho House can progress your career
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
An extensive range of internally and
externally run courses are available
for all employees.
COOKHOUSE & HOUSE TONIC
Celebrating our passion for food
and drink. Check out our monthly
calendars and get involved in trips,
trainings and events. Available to all.
From fitness sessions to cinema
screenings and art classes, each
month we hold a series of fun events
which you can sign up to.
Whilst on duty in our Houses &
Restaurants you will be provided
with a substantial meal free of charge.