about 1 month ago
As one of our Fitness Instructors, you will play a key role in creating a positive, energetic and fun environment for all our guests to enjoy.
First impressions count, so you will possess exceptional customer service skills with an ability to engage our customers of all ages in lifestyle activities.
A typical day will include anything from walk rounds, inductions to the general requirements of our members and guests. This is a full time position (working 5 days over 7)
Responsibilities of a Fitness Instructor
* Meeting and greeting guests to ensure they receive a warm welcome, when entering the Health Club.
* Providing appropriate information and guidance to all members, potential members and guests
* Designing and conducting individual fitness programmes, assessments and gym inductions.
* Teaching both indoor and outdoor classes
* You will part of a team, ensuring the club runs efficiently and within health and safety guidelines
* Managing all guests payments and bookings in an efficient and accurate manner
* Ensuring the all areas are well maintained at all times
Requirements of a Fitness Instructor
* A professional but friendly personality and will be self-motivated and have a desire to be part of a winning team
* An aim to exceed guests and colleagues expectations
* An eye to seek improvements on standards and service
* An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
* Great organisational skills and effective communication skills
* NVQ Level 2 in Gym or equivalent fitness qualification (essential)
* A Lifeguard qualification is preferred but not essential.
* Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (to include weekends and evenings)
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.