7 months ago
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd. Last year we opened 411 new properties globally and despite the unique global situation this year regarding Covid-19 we have continued to grow our portfolio in 2020. Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
The Financial Reporting Specialist will join a team responsible for our branches and subsidiaries based in America. This role is a maternity cover and it would be a 12 months FTC.
* Review and understand trial balances extracted from PeopleSoft through enquiry and challenge of unusual and unexpected items
* Completion of monthly account reconciliations for a number of Peoplesoft general ledger balance sheet account codes
* Preparation of quarterly and year end Oracle HFM reporting submissions to the Group consolidation team in accordance with agreed deadlines
* Assist with maintenance of the Group consolidation system (Oracle HFM) to ensure system data, security and mapping are appropriate
* Prepare and file US statistical returns as required
* Participate in projects and complete ad hoc tasks, as and when required
What we need from you
* AAT qualified (or equivalent)
* Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a financial reporting environment, either within the accountancy profession or in industry
* Experience of producing financial statements under IFRS required. Exposure to the challenges of working in a global organisation preferred. PeopleSoft and Oracle HFM experience an advantage
* Knowledge of IFRS
* Proficiency in PeopleSoft, Oracle HFM and Microsoft Office products
* Ability to develop and maintain working partnerships in a global organization
* Flexible and able to respond to short deadlines
* Demonstrates clear, concise and succinct communication skills including adapting both verbal and written communication to the needs and level of the user
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and within a team
What we offer you
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated. Alongside our great working environment (currently virtual/remote working environment), we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts. As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process. Closing date for applications is: 4th December 2020.