7 months ago
When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. We have a purpose to create Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone. We know there’s no one quite like you, your talents, dreams and interests make you who you are and that’s what we want at IHG. You may not have heard of IHG, but the chances are you aware of our brands! IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our people and founded on strong values. These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers – that’s one of the reasons why we’ve been certified as a Top Employer UK 2018 by the Top Employers Institute.
We have an opportunity for a Financial Reporting Manager (Americas) to join us. You will be responsible for the financial reporting of Americas based subsidiaries and branches.
Your day to day
As Financial Reporting Manager you will be responsible for:
* The preparation of the Group quarterly financial reporting submissions under IFRS and the preparation of annual consolidated financial statements under US GAAP.
* Maintaining close working relationships with the Global Process teams, the Group consolidation team, Group Tax, Treasury and Company Secretariat.
* Liaising with external auditors on a regular basis and facilitating the audit of the statutory accounts.
* Ensuring that relevant Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls are adhered to.
* Making sure success is measured through the timely and accurate production of the Group’s quarterly financial reporting submissions and the annual financial statement filings of relevant US subsidiary companies.
* Maintaining a detailed and up to date knowledge of all matters related to IFRS, US GAAP and other relevant regulatory accounting requirements.
* Assisting the Director of Financial Reporting in establishing and implementing new accounting policies under both IFRS and US GAAP.
* Assisting the Director of Financial Reporting in evaluating and implementing new process solutions.
* Helping to ensure financial systems are developed and maintained to meet legal entity and Group reporting requirements.
* Participating in projects and completing ad hoc tasks, as and when required.
* Coaching and developing team members. Helping them meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
What we need from you
The successful candidate will have a BA or Masters Degree in the relevant field of work and hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA,CIMA, CPA or equivalent).
You will have gained c.4 years progressive experience in a financial reporting environment, either within the accountancy profession or in industry.
With strong technical experience you will have experience of producing financial statements.
You will also need to have:
* Detailed technical knowledge of IFRS (US GAAP would be advantageous)
* Proficiency in PeopleSoft, Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Microsoft Office
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent communication and influencing skills
* Collaborative team player
* Strong problem solving, influencing and negotiation skills
* Experience in leading and developing people
What we offer
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools needed to build a successful career with us and you will have chance to work with a great set of people.
This role is based in our modern, newly refurbished office in Branston, Staffordshire.
Easily accessible from Birmingham, Nottingham and Leicester, we provide free car parking onsite as well as a free onsite gym and a subsidised restaurant.
But most of all… we’ll give you room to be yourself!
Hit apply if you think you have the skills we’re looking for!
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Application Closing Date: 30th September 2019