2 months ago
When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family.We have a purpose to create Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.We know there’s no one quite like you, your talents, dreams and interests make you who you are and that’s what we want at IHG.You may not have heard of IHG, but the chances are you aware of our brands! IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza.We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our people and founded on strong values. These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers – that’s one of the reasons why we’ve been certified as a Top Employer UK 2018 by the Top Employers Institute.
Your day to day
We have an opportunity for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join us to provide financial, analytical and reporting support for IHG Global.
You would also be required to provide leadership and support of the management reporting process for the assigned business function; Drive monthly/quarterly financial reporting and analysis; Facilitate the reporting process through timely communication of all reporting requirements, and coordination of financial reviews for all assigned functional areas.
The candidate would need to identify opportunities for improvement, gain buy-in from top management, and implement changes to financial reporting processes as needed. Drive Industry forecast process, facilitating global conversation internally and driving data collection and reporting via external partners.
Support Peak periods within Global team, support Investor relations with analysis and supporting the external message and reporting. Drive ad-hoc projects within the CoE from a Central perspective.
Key responsibilities will also include:
* Leading the monthly reporting cycle, consolidating regional and overheads results and preparing the Global view to share with Senior leaders.
* Facilitating Industry and market forecast collation building relationships with external company and consolidating data and expected market forecast.
* Driving Ad-hoc projects impacting wider CoE
* Supporting peak periods within Global calendar including quarterly results – reporting and verification of external/internal comms
* Supporting the investor relations team with external messaging and ad-hoc analysis during external announcements or for investor roadshows
* Leading and coaching analyst in terms of organization, work review and development
What we need from you
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) with c5. years experience gained in financial planning and analysis and management accounts, ideally in a large, global and complex organisation.
You must have:
* Demonstrated financial and business analysis skills, and ability to analyse operating, forecast, and budget information with evidence of the ability to use the results of analysis to provide commentary to senior leaders
* Effective and evident verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to Finance business partners, and other business colleagues. Must be able to work effectively with senior managers, possess strong relationship management skills, and well-developed negotiating, persuading and influencing abilities.
* Practical knowledge of financial statements, financial principles and the ability to interpret results
* Confident user of common analytical tools including excel with experience and proven ability with PeopleSoft, Hyperion, or similar computer systems.
* Must be a collaborative and energetic team player bringing energy and conversation across teams.
What we offer
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools needed to build a successful career with us and you will have chance to work with a great set of people.
This role is based in our modern, newly refurbished office in Branston, Staffordshire.
Easily accessible from Birmingham, Nottingham and Leicester, we provide free car parking onsite as well as a free onsite gym and a subsidised restaurant.
But most of all… we’ll give you room to be yourself!
Hit apply if you think you have the skills we’re looking for!
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing date for all applications: 27th March 2020