3 months ago
We are hiring for a Financial Controller for Soho Works. Reporting directly to the Soho Works’ UK Finance Director the successful candidate will ensure the integrity and accuracy of the UK reporting for Soho Works. Building and managing a team this also includes overall ownership of the ledger.
Main responsibilities include:
* Undertake the month end process, ensuring the data used is consistent and accurate.
* Review of month end reporting with the Retail Finance Director.
* Responsibility for at least 25 P&Ls over 3 business entities
* Overall responsibility of AP/AR functions.
* Analysis of creditors’ ledger – review of statement recs, sign off new suppliers, review payment runs etc.
* Debtors’ analysis / support of credit control.
* Supervision and development of a team of 4.
* Resolving queries in relation to customer orders / purchase orders.
* Preparation of cash flow forecast to submit into group finance.
* Liaising and meeting with cost centre managers to ensure their expenses are captured timely.
* Provide day to day financial support for the sites managed and monitor business unit KPIs.
* Responsibility for payroll postings / payroll forecasting across retail companies.
* Maintaining and producing financial reconciliations for all company Balance Sheets including fixed assets as well as reviewing those produced by the team.
* Accountability for Stock and understanding of the stock process
* Assist in the production of annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
* Project work drilling into the opportunities spas/online can maximise, cost cutting exercises and any potential threats to the business.
* Completion of legislative reporting i.e. Intrastat, EC Sales List.
* Managing external audit process.
* System owner for Financial Accounting System – “Sage 200”.
Additional ad-hoc duties as requested
What we look for…
* Strong and robust character, confident in challenging at all levels.
* Experience in managing a team.
* Ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to work under own initiative and collaborate across departments.
* Ability to manage and prioritise tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining attention to detail.
* “Solution driven” as opposed to “problem focusing”.
* A fully qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with good accounting experience and preferably from a multi-site leisure / hospitality / retail background.
* Advanced Excel skills and ideally experience with Sage Accounts package.
Soho House can progress your career internationally.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.