about 1 month ago
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
We have commenced our search for an experienced Financial Controller to support the opening of the Westin London City Hotel & Residences. Due to open in the summer of 2021 and reporting to the General Manager you will liaise regularly with the hotel management company and hotel owners.
You will be responsible for the finance function including the following:
* Assists and provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of Hotel Business Plan, Budget and Key Performance Objectives
* Produce and review reconciled monthly P&L and balance sheet for the hotel ensuring discrepancies are reported to the Area Financial Controller
* Prepares monthly position of actual results against budget, analyse results and recommend measures required to meet budget
* Implement and review financial controls and policies
* Analyse financial and management reports
* Assist in the maintenance of the fixed asset register on an annual basis
* Work with the heads of department to perform ad hoc cost benefit analysis on various projects
* Ensure all appropriate brand Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to
* Prepare and manage departmental budgets
* Prepare weekly and monthly forecasts
* Controls all aspects of sales and purchase ledger
To be considered for this role you will need:
* Ability to work alongside the GM and senior hotel team to deliver excellent finance returns
* Fully qualified ACCA, CIMA or equivalent is preferable
* Experience in similar senior finance roles, preferably in the hospitality sector
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock – the oldest in London – and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott’s Westin brand in the UK. The hotel’s 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There's open, clear communication from the top
* We've got great career development opportunities
* There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!