2 months ago
Position: Finance Assistant
Job no: 513393
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
Location: London, United Kingdom
Department: Accounting, Finance, Non-Management (Entry)
Play a key role in the Finance team to support the luxury experience our guests from around the world enjoy at one of the world’s best hotels.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The park’s green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
It’s another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that’s all about our guests.
It’s also a world that’s been reinvented and re imagined to move with the times. With a heart of London’s heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards – through kind, passionate and generous service.
We need a Finance Assistant to support the finance team to keep our hotel in order.
It’s the perfect place to broaden your understanding of what it means to be a Finance Assistant, because we have so many businesses within our business – restaurants, rooms, spas and bars.
It’s the perfect place to gather a few more passport stamps, too. Many of our colleagues in our team have also spent time in one of our thirty-two other locations, from Miami to Macau to Munich. And everyone’s given opportunities to progress. In short, if you’re interested in moving around – or moving up – Mandarin Oriental could be the right choice for you.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
* To audit, prepare and issue the Daily Flash Report, Weekly and Monthly revenue reports to Hotel Management and Head Office in a timely and efficient manner.
* To audit, analyse & accurately record the revenues and statistics for Rooms Accommodation, F&B, Spa and Other hotel revenue on a daily basis.
* To audit, investigate and record all daily allowances, voids & paid outs – highlighting anything extraordinary to the attention of the Hotel Controller.
* To perform & document any daily ad hoc checks on data
* To analyze & journal house account information in conjunction with the F&B, Rooms Division and Spa departments.
* To reconcile and record PDQ credit cards.
* To check any credits made to credit cards on a daily basis and have authorised by the Hotel Controller.
* To assist AP in the coding, matching and payment process of invoices sent to the Hotel.
* To participate in the process and review of month-end accounting, which may include stock taking, production and posting of month-end journals and reporting to local and corporate management.
* To assist with cash reconciliation, float counts, relevant documents administration and approvals.
* To assist the Hotel Controller in reconciling specific balance sheet accounts.
* To perform any other company related duty that is reasonably requested by the Hotel Financial Controller.
* To comply with any reasonable instructions issued by management
* To attend any training sessions as required.
* To assist in the timely and orderly archiving of financial documents.
* To develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, other hotel departments and corporate office personnel.
* To liaise and answer queries from guests, hotel and corporate colleagues in a prompt, friendly and efficient manner.
We offer our Finance Assistant world class benefits including, but not limited to:
* Complimentary hotels stays across the group
* Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
* Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Team member discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
* Colleague recognition and reward programmes
* An exciting range of learning and development programmes
* Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group
* Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Advertised: 01 Jun 2021 GMT Daylight Time