8 months ago
: United Kingdom-London-The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Apply your passion for numbers as an Accounting Clerk, where your exacting standards will ensure accuracy in support of your team and hotel.
Hotel Overview: The Savoy, a Fairmont Managed Hotel, is one of the world's most iconic hotels. A renowned leader in the hospitality industry, The Savoy has a reputation for outstanding service and excellence. Originally built in 1889, the hotel has a rich history and has played host to royalty, world leaders and legends of the stage and screen. Today, colleagues pride themselves on being innovative and inspirational, delivering the very best in five star luxury. Passionate about developing and promoting talent, The Savoy offers unwavering support and recognition to colleagues, as well as having a very competitive benefits plan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
* Daily recording of BACS payments received and reconciliation to expected deposits.
* Daily support of accounts accounts receivable function.
* Reconcile credit card payments with Property Management System to payments received.
* Ensure timely payment of hotel debts with Accounts Receivable ledger.
* Reconciliation of voucher schemes operated through the Accounts Receivable Ledger.
* Processing of adjustments and guest/client refunds as per policies and procedures.
* Assist in the month end reporting.
* Provide office administration duties as required.
* Follow departmental policies and procedures.
* Follow all safety policies.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Previous office administration or accounting experience preferred
* Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications or relevant computer applications required
* University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
* Highly responsible & reliable
* Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (inlcude but are not limited to):
* Frequent sitting throughout shift
* Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
* Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in the UK. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining UK work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Day Job