5 months ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a F and B Operations Manager
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Food and Beverage in The May Fair
To achieve hotel revenue and profit targets, and customer and staff satisfaction goals, by directing Food and beverage operations and by creating and maintaining a cohesive and motivated conference and banqueting operations team. Also to deliver a great service experience, which makes people feel special
* Understands the strategic positioning of the hotel and company within the competitive market
* Understands the tools of financial management, and uses them to predict and affect the hotels position
* IT applications: Micros, Opera, Quadranet, My Hr World
* Local area knowledge including local competition in the market segment
* Food and beverage product knowledge and an awareness of menus and pricing guidelines
* Has a good command of the English language
* Has the ability to confidently communicate and establish rapport
* Decision Making: Improve decision making by clarifying and setting goals, sharing perspectives on reality, identifying options and creating consensus on a way forward.
* Performance Management and Supervisory Skills: Ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
* Change Management: Be an advocate for positive change and improvement within the organization by identifying and communicating the compelling need for change/improvements.
* Coaching: Develop and guide others in professional growth and performance enhancement through assuring clarity of goals, employing reflective listening skills and facilitating the generation of options and action planning
* Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skills assessment, objective setting and communication.
* Budget Management: Ability to manage to and achieve budget goals by analyzing historical data and forecasting costs and revenues.
* Business Communication: Use results-oriented writing techniques and strategies for correspondence (e.g. memos, letters, reports, emails, proposals, etc.) with correct grammar and punctuation.
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
* Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
* Provides Yes I Can%21 genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
* Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
* Takes overall responsibility for guest and staff satisfaction by directing F and B operations
* Seeks opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking feedback and evaluating service levels and developing strategies to improve areas of concern
* Sets objectives for the F and B Operations Team and manages team leaders
* Ensures that rooms and other public areas are set up in accordance with company F and B standards and are consistently maintained to Show-round standard
* Ensures that all clients are effectively met and welcomed
* Conducts daily pre-shift meetings to discuss event detail, special requests and product development
* Manages monthly inventories
* Ensures that all storage areas, still rooms and bar areas are cleaned and inspected on a regular basis
* Ensures that appropriate account and cash bar procedures are implemented in accordance with company standards
* Ensure all legislative and company fire, health, hygiene, safety and security guidelines are upheld
* Selects, trains, develops, recognises, coaches, evaluates and manages the performance of all staff in the food and beverage and conference %26 banqueting operations team
* Recruits and selects qualified staff
* Provides employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
* Evaluates employees performance and conducts regular appraisals and feedback sessions
* Leads by example and motivates F and B and C and B employees to anticipate guests needs and deliver service in a way that makes people feel special
* Communicates and reinforces the vision of Making People Feel Special to employees
* Provides employees with the tools necessary to perform job responsibilities
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork to provide excellent guest service
* Analyses and controls costs in order to maintain positive cash flow and to maximize profitability
* Develops annual budget recommendations and implements the approved budget
* Monitors and controls equipment, staffing F and B sales costs on a daily basis, taking corrective action where necessary
* Determines appropriate staffing levels, to maintain a balance between customer demands, profitability and employee preferences
* Analyses business results on a regular basis and takes actions to improve results as appropriate
* Ensures effective communication and synergy between F and B Operations team and other hotel departments
* Conducts regular meetings between departments to ensure open two-way communication
* Establishes a cross-disciplined culture which encourages employees to build strong working relations across all teams, and to respect different roles and responsibilities
* To deliver service standards in accordance with the company F and B manual
* To ensure staff go through 90 day induction programme and set them up to win
* To ensure that all staff are adhering to the company grooming standards
* Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.