29 days ago
* The Connaught
* Main Pastry kitchen
* Full time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious Execuitve Pastry Sous Chef to join the Pastry Team at the award-winning 5-Star Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Executive Pastry Sous Chef, you will:
* Be assisting the Executive Pastry Chef in the day to day running of the Connaught’s Pastry kitchen brigade.
* Oversee the operations of The Connaught Patisserie, Jean-Georges Restaurant, In-Room Dining, Events, Bars and all amenities, ensuring delivery of exceptional quality and consistency.
* Assist in leading the Pastry brigade to ensure quality standards are achieved and will have a key role in training and developing the team.
* Assist in managing the operation, including stock control, budgetary management and health and safety.
As Execuitve Pastry Sous Chef, you must:
* Be an excellent team player with a hands-on and organised approach to your role.
* Be passionate about your team and working in a leading hotel operation.
* Be able to develop your team’s creative style, while building a stimulating and exciting environment within the department.
* Have previous solid experience at a similar level and proven experience within a quality hotel and/or restaurant Pastry kitchen team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented pastry chef who is ready on to take a new challenge to develop your career within an award-winning hotel company.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close