10 months ago
Posting Date Oct 02, 2018
Job Number 18002RTQ
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Warwickshire, Warwickshire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
An exciting opportunity to develop your career journey with Marriott Hotel's as Executive Head Housekeeping at the four star Marriott Forest of Arden in the West Midlands.
In return the Forest of Arden offers its associates a competitive salary, free gym membership, free staff meals, free car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40 and just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
The Forest of Arden is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our AA Rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill. This elegant Marriott Hotel is one of the top UK Leisure destinations with two golf courses including our championship Arden course and a driving range and our Golf academy. The Forest of Arden also offers outdoor tennis courts, a fully equipped fitness centre and our relaxing Cedarwood Spa with 8 treatment rooms.
Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities.
This position is offered initially on a fixed term basis to cover maternity until September 2019
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained, completing inspections and ensuring correct action is in place to address areas where performance is less than desired. Responsible for all payroll and controllable expenses to ensure resources available as required to ensure guest satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Managing Housekeeping Human Resources practices from recruitment, training and development of associates with assistance of Assistant Head Housekeeper and team of supervisors
Experience within Hotel Housekeeping at Head Housekeeper or above required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations
• Oversees the day to day management of the housekeeping team ensuring cleaning schedules are assigned and progress monitored to ensure rooms are cleaned as brand standards and to timeframes required.
•Management operation to ensure compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space providing feedback as required
• Working with the Front Desk to ensure guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Complete all shifts as required (opening or closing)
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
• Manages controllable expenses ensuring stock inventories are completed and stock maintaining an adequate supplies stock to ensure all associates have equipment as needed.
Managing Departmental Costs
• Management of the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and works to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Drives culture within team for proactive service and empowering associates to provide excellent service.
• Identifies practices to improve service performance.
• Responding efficiently to customer complaints
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
• Leads Investigations, disciplinary meetings in line with Company standard and with HR support
• Follows company coaching and counselling for all associates as required ensuring robust processes in place to provide feedback prior to formal action where performance is below standards required.
• Supports training and development using all available training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary and support career development
• Ensures and conducts employee performance appraisal process is followed providing feedback as needed.
• Leads interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.