10 months ago
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House is a prestigious country house hotel set in 13 acres of listed gardens providing a first class setting for leisure breaks, conferences, training, weddings and events. There is a chic restaurant and a bar, 1877, as well as excellent onsite leisure facilities including a gym, an indoor pool and a tennis court in the gardens. This leading venue in Surrey is just 10 minutes from junction 9 of the M25 and close to Gatwick airport.
This hotel has recently undergone an impressive refurbishment and the result is a refreshing modern interior style that perfectly complements the property’s heritage making this the perfect time to join our team!
Executive Head Chef
What is the main purpose of the role?
An Executive Head Chef who can demonstrate strong kitchen management knowledge and skills, passion for quality together with a commercial and innovative mind gained in fast pace, large hotel with conference and banqueting operations. Briefing, supervising and supporting Sous Chefs, Chef de Partie and the kitchen brigade in their daily tasks, and when required assist them in their preparation of food.
Develop formal training plans and conduct on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees. Involvement in menu development with the Group Development Chef to ensure our menu is up to date with seasonal changes.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an exceptional Executive Head Chef, it is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
• Previous experience as Executive Head Chef in a 4* or 5* hotel
• Fast paced environment strongly preferred.
• Proven track record of managing and developing the food offering in different businesses, delivering KPI’s
• Full understanding of stock management and recipe creation in a safe kitchen environment
• Must possess the proven ability to lead and develop a team
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Personality and flair with the ability to communicate and cooperate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
• You should also be commercially aware, financially astute and able to create business plans to drive sales and profitability.
What's in it for you?
* A competitive salary
* 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty