11 months ago
Blythswood Square Hotel, Glasgow
The elegant proportions of the Georgian terraced townhouses made Blythswood Square an appropriately grand location for the Royal Scottish Automobile Club, who made what is now the hotel its headquarters for almost 80 years. Steeped in motor-racing history, Blythswood Square Hotel includes 100 bedrooms and suites, an award-winning Champagne and cocktail bar, a lively restaurant and a fabulous spa. It's also Glasgow's only 5-star hotel.
Executive Head Chef
What is the main purpose of the role?
An Executive Head Chef who can demonstrate strong kitchen management knowledge and skills, passion for quality together with a commercial and innovative mind gained in fast pace, large hotel with conference and banqueting operations. Instructing briefing and supervising Sous Chefs, Chef de Partie and the kitchen brigade in their daily tasks, and when required assist them in their preparation of food.
Develop formal training plans and conduct on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees. Involvement in menu development with the Group Development Chef to ensure our menu is up to date with seasonal changes.
The Ideal Candidate
As Executive Head Chef, it is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
• Previous experience as Executive Head Chef in a 4* or 5* hotel
• Fast paced environment strongly preferred.
• Proven track record of managing and developing the food offer in different businesses, delivering KPI’S
• Full understanding of stock management and recipe creation in a safe kitchen environment
• Must possess the proven ability to lead a team
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Personality and flair with the ability to communicate and cooperate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
• You should also be commercially aware, financially astute and able to create business plans to drive sales and profitability.
* A competitive salary
* 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive schemes
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty