4 months ago
* Experience of successfully managing a busy Event and/or Groups team within either hotels, conference centre or agency
* Knowledge of Opera PMS/Sales and Catering System or similar system, including configuration advantageous
* Proven track record of meeting both your personal KPI's and impacting your team achievement of KPI’s, targets/budgets is essential
* It is also essential that the successful applicant has the flexibility to travel across our offices and hotel locations as required
* Experience of negotiating and contracting Tour Series business highly desirable
* Event and Groups Revenue Management and space optimization experience highly desirable
* Cluster property or large scale venue experience preferable but not essential
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team in the capacity of Events and Groups Manager for Scotland. Within this post, you will be responsible for and managing the Event and Groups Managers and respective teams in Dundee and Central Scotland. Your responsibilities will include:
* Day to day management of the Event and Group Managers
* With guidance from the Director of Sales (Scotland) develop and maintain an annual plan for events across the Scottish portfolio, in line with business needs and objectives
* Account Management of Tour Series Agencies including annual negotiation and contracting of Series business across our Scottish portfolio
* Working with the Director of Sales, Revenue and Regional Director to agree budgets for each Scottish hotel
* Coaching development and motivation of Scotland based Event Managers and respective teams, ensuring the delivery of revenue in line with budget and targets set
* Responsible for the fulfilment of all standards and procedures of the department, ensuring all SOP’s and processes are effective and aimed to improve the efficiency and productivity of the team
* Ensuring that every team member is focused on enhancing the Customer Journey, whilst maximising profit across Scotland
* Assist Sales Team with the Account Management of key MICE Agents, DMC and related partnerships
* Proactively sell and promote all of the Hotels and their facilities to achieve Events and Rooms budgets for each Scottish hotel
* Working with the Event Managers to set targets and objectives for each team member aligned to needs of the business
* Ensuring the required Revenue and Forecast reporting is produced on a weekly and monthly basis by all Event Managers
* Overall responsibility for Event and Groups customer satisfaction, recruitment, staff training, monitoring staff performance and increasing sales
The ideal candidate, currently managing a busy Event and/or Groups team within either hotels, conference centre or agency, with excellent leadership and management skills along with tenacious drive, passion and initiative to lead our recently formed Event and Groups team.
You will use your expertise and experience to grow the business profitability by managing, leading and developing the team.
Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to meet tight deadlines. You have excellent time management, organisational and communication skills. Persuasive and inspiring to your team, you also have a passion for providing and stimulating excellent customer service and high standards.
Strong commercial understanding and evidenced ability of financial forecasting, managing and negotiating contracts.
Apex Hotels is one of the UK's leading operators of contemporary 4* city centre hotels. Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow, Dundee and Bath operating with a mission to provide chic and stylish destination properties in key markets across the UK. Customer service is the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
* Pension scheme operated by The People’s Pension
* Employee assistance programme
* Critical illness cover
* Employee reward scheme
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Free meals when on duty
* Use of gym &pool facilities (where available)
* Taxi contribution if you’re starting early or finishing late
* Restaurant & spa discount
* Guest experience overnight stay
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’. You must be eligible to work in the UK.