11 months ago
Our new flagship Apex City of Bath Hotel has just checked into the city and we’re looking for an experienced commercially-driven Events & Groups Manager with passion, drive and enthusiasm. This role presents an exciting opportunity to join a new-build property that is Bath’s largest hotel with 177 guest bedrooms and conference & events space for over 400 people.
As the Events Manager you will support the Director of Sales in managing and driving sales activity in line with the needs of the business, as well as leading the team in the events office to ensure the objectives and targets of the function are met. Primary responsibilities include:
* Full responsibility for the running of the Groups & Events office
* To support the Director of Sales to deliver the overall sales strategy for the business.
* Meeting potential guests to understand needs, provide support and suggestions ensuring a successful and professional event.
* Leading and managing your team to deliver for the business and our guests.
* Ensuring the Groups & Events team proactively sell and promote all of the Hotels and their facilities to achieve Conference & Events and groups budgets.
* Recruitment, training and ongoing development of your team. Coaching and supporting the events team to achieve all business targets and help meet all guest expectations.
* Liaising and working closely with our central reservations team, revenue and sales teams to help drive and maximise sales.
* Work closely with the hotel operations team to ensure there is a clear line of communication to ensure all our guest’s needs are met.
* Deliver all standards in line with internal and external audits to ensure continual improvement.
* Undertaking sales research and sales activity including telesales, appointment making, hotel show rounds and fam trips.
* To proactively develop revenue from new business leads
* To follow up past enquiries and lapsed clients to identify opportunities
* To take responsibility for and convert enquiries
* To take incoming enquiries and provide proposals in accordance with Apex standards
* To provide weekly enquiry analysis to GM and DOS
* To follow-up all past bookings for feedback and future opportunities
* To respond to all enquiries within 24 hours
* To provide a full handover of contracted business over to the allocated co-ordinator/function manager
* To develop and maintain relationships with key accounts
* To manage and maintain a clean database
* To assist with the annual sales and marketing plan and activity reports
* To assist with planning and hosting of educational, promotional events
A natural communicator, with stand-out organisational skills, you will demonstrate a desire to establish the Hotel as the leading conference venue in Bath. With a passion for guest service and satisfaction, you will be proactive, show initiative and also have a proven track-record in motivating and developing a sales and events team to deliver creative solutions to maximise revenue.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests and will support our culture of delivering a ‘warmer welcome’ through leading by example.
Why join Apex Hotels?
With a dynamic environment, warm and welcoming people, great career opportunities, this is one job where you’ll look forward to coming to work. We also offer great benefits which include:
* Free gym membership
* Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
* 50% discount in our restaurants
* Discounted room rates - visit our hotels in London and Scotland for just £50 per night
* Help to buy a bike
* Ongoing training and development
* Employee of the Month and Awards Ceremony to celebrate your achievements
* Contributions to a pension scheme
* Access to legal and financial advice
* Childcare vouchers
* Critical illness cover
If you'd like to join us as a Events & Groups Manager, then please click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!