7 months ago
Posting Date Oct 16, 2018
Job Number 18002RVL
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location London Marriott Hotel West India Quay, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The London Marriott Hotel West India Quay is a unique 5* hotel combining 2 Marriott brands ideally placed in Canary Wharf. Our fantastic location provides convenient access to top attractions in London, including the O2 Arena, ExCeL, and Olympic Park. We have a brilliant team here, including a leadership committee with over 100 years of combined Marriott experience! We would love for you join us – if you’re interested in this job then please apply or for more information.
Duties will involve but will not be limited to:
Maximizes revenue, for the hotel through: effective events and groups planning, upselling, and excellent event/group execution.
Acts as dedicated client contact through event/group planning phase.
Ensures bookings are executed with consistent, high level service, meeting the company’s standards and the customer’s expectations to strengthen customer loyalty and increase repeat business.
Prepares all documentation to the satisfaction of the customer and co-ordinates the bookings with all appropriate hotel departments.
Works closely with the Front Desk, Sales, Events and Revenue Management departments. Upsells events and groups to increase total revenue.
Carefully and accurately forecasts rooms and catering functions to allow for better revenue management and increase total hotel revenue.
An ideal position for an Events Executive looking to take on group/residential bookings, or someone in an Operational role looking to transition into Group & Event Sales. Previous experience working within Events or similar environment preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Strong customer relationship management skill
· Innovative and strong problem-solving skills; proactively seeks solutions
· Effective influencing skills
· Reliable; able to work alone and within a team
· Effective sales skills to upsell room products and services
· Ability to manage guest room inventories
· Knowledge of overall hotel operations
· Ability to use software applications and hotel systems
· Effective decision-making skills
· High attention to detail
· Effective interpersonal and conflict management skills
· Effective time management skills
In addition to a competitive salary and local incentives this role offers the following benefits:
* Fantastic career opportunities by joining the world’s largest hotel group
* Worldwide travel perks including discounted room rates for yourself, family and friends
* Complimentary staff meals when on duty
* Complimentary laundry of work attire worn on duty
* Travel card loan
* Cinema Discounts
* Annual associate events
* Regular training opportunities
* Opportunity to become involved in wider responsibilities such as Corporate and Social Responsibility
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.