12 months ago
Posting Date Oct 17, 2018
Job Number 18002X3T
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Why join the London Heathrow Marriott?
Ideally situated half a mile from the airport, London Heathrow Marriott Hotel is a sophisticated, convenient destination for business and leisure travel. In addition to being just minutes from the airport, we are close to nearby motorways, as well as Twickenham Stadium and more. Our hotel is the proud winner of the London Venue Awards and the European Hotel Design Awards for Best Hotel Event Space.
However, what really differentiates this hotel is the people working here. If you join the team you will be part of a warm and welcoming second family who work together to provide outstanding service to our guests. You will be a valued team member who will be offered the opportunity to grow and develop and benefit from being part of the best hospitality company in the world.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
Use of our Leisure Club facilities
Meals on duty + uniform
Cycle to work scheme
Learning and development opportunities
and many, many more...
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests continue to choose us for their event needs. Every day presents a new opportunity to interact with people from all over the world, giving you new inspiration and perspective.
What we’re looking for
* Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
* Positive outlook and outgoing personality
* Previous experience is a big plus!
What you’ll be doing
* Sell and maximise space for Weddings and other private functions from initial sales phase to event completion.
* Proactive follow up of social event enquiries
* Effective diary management of enquiries and tentative bookings
* Effectively manage events and coordination of all customer requirements
* Co-ordinates verbally and in writing with customer and hotel departments all the details of an event via the Banquet Event Order.
* Obtains post-event feedback from the customer and communicate this to the hotel departments and the LSO
* Acts as a liaison between the LSO and the customer throughout the event process
* Is available to solve challenges and/or suggests alternatives to previous arrangements
* Partner with customers to offer creative solutions for events
* Pro-actively identifies operational challenges and works with the hotel and customer to solve or develop alternative solutions
* Is accountable for his/her customers experience from handover from the LSO to the post event phase and handover back to the LSO.
* Works with the customer during the pre-event phase and hands over to the Conference and Banqueting Event Manager for execution of details
* Effectively up-sells throughout the pre-event phase
* Manages bedroom blocks in Delphi and in Marsha reservations
* Ensures a high level of service throughout the pre-event transaction through co-ordination with the LSO, hotel departments and customer, takes responsibility for the successful finalisation of assigned group events.
* Prepares all event documentation to satisfaction of customer and co-ordinates event handover with all hotel departments prior to the event.
* Pro-actively identifies opportunities to up-sell to the customer while also suggesting enhancements to create better events.
* Conducts showrounds and “walk-ins” during the initial sales phase.
* Co-ordinate future event follow up with the customer and the LSO upon event conclusion
* Management of group only business including airline crews, tour and travel groups.
* Adhere to all Marriott Event planning and good data standards as per the the Event planning standard operating procedures
* Participate in Event Satisfaction survey action planning and follow up’s.
* Processing and generating e-leads daily
**Full job description available upon request.**
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.