about 1 year ago
Contracts available 14, 21 or 28 hours per week - Potential for fixed days
Crowne Plaza Harrogate Kings Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire. HG1 1XX
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe.
You will have the housekeeping phone that can either be quite for a period or be a hot phone. The people you will be speaking to the most will be out reception team and you role is to respond to any Housekeeping related guest requests. This could be providing extra toiletries, to making up a bed into a double that was previously a twin, to the classic of someone forgetting their toothbrush and getting that too them promptly.
The Evening Housekeeper role involves a range of duties, including: ensuring hotel bedrooms and other allocated areas are cleaned and maintained to a high standard every day. You are responsible for reporting wear and tear you will ensure areas reflect our company values so that all of our guests are delighted with their rooms.
There is also a Late Housekeeper list that concentrates on more spring cleaning that we aren’t often able to do in the day, like guest corridors and other public areas. In addition, there may be a handful of guest rooms that need cleaning.
Key Personal Attributes:
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Evening Housekeeper role include:
• Identifying service problems or issues before they arise.
• Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with others.
• Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of others and actions requests quickly.
• Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
• Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
• Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests.
The successful applicant can have previous experience in a similar role in housekeeping preferably in a service related environment, this would be desirable. However, maybe you are simply and organised and customer focused type, who is pretty good at working on their own too.
be able to work flexible hours, on any day of the week with minimal supervision.
In return we offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve NVQ/SNVQ qualifications and the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
• Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for Evening Housekpper position