3 months ago
Engineer / Handyman
Few addresses are richer in history and anecdote than this hotel; it is one of the most iconic addresses in London! Part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. Our newest property in the UK is due to open summer 2019 as a 153-room luxury lifestyle hotel. We are an international 5* hotel, ideally located just a few steps from St James’s, Covent Garden and right next to Trafalgar Square.
Our guests should expect the unexpected! We aim to inspire the freedom to be extraordinary, enabling individual stories through curated, authentic experiences.
At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
The Engineer is responsible to maintain and operate all the plant, machinery and equipment within the hotel to achieve optimum guest and employee comfort and safety, whilst maintaining costs to a minimum. Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
· repair of defects and the safe and efficient operation of the building, plant and equipment
· Maintain and operate all the hotel plant
· ensure that any un-repaired fault likely to cause an accident is isolated and that such equipment is left in a complete safe condition with the appropriate warning notices attached
· Ensure that in the event of a lift failure, any trapped passengers are evacuated as per lift contractor instructions and that lift contractors are informed of any service requirements
· carry out the designated procedures if a fire alarm is raised
· assisting guest’s during their stay and handling guest complaints
· provide all required information about the Hotel, available services and facilities.