4 months ago
The job in a nutshell
As an employee relations advisor you’ll be part of our ER team, providing an ER advisory, case management and proactive ER support service to a particular business area within Travelodge and support a wider remit as needed.
You’ll help develop and sustain a culture of line management ownership with regards to people management, facilitating a pragmatic and human approach to ER, whilst adopting and influencing a ‘Fix it Fast’ principle. You’ll be responsible for driving and supporting the timely conclusion of both low and high complex ER matters (including ACAS / ET matters).
What you’ll be doing
You’ll deliver the ER scope of services and two way service level agreement that includes:
* Provide first line support in ER case queries, serious incidents, occupational health intervention and counselling services
* Development and delivery of the ER learning & development / training plan
* Coordination, delivery and evaluation of the HR Skills Induction for all Travelodge Managers
* Development and delivery of a webinar training programme
* Compliance and engagement with a two way service level agreement for ER cases in consideration of timeframes and quality
* Provide an ER advisor service with respect to grievance, disciplinary, flexible working, pay dispute, absence, TUPE and performance cases
* Support (alongside ER colleagues) low and high level or complex ER case escalations, ACAS and Employment Tribunal matters & upholding business values whilst safeguarding business risk/exposure
* Working closely with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to develop strategies and plans to establish ER themes and trends, issue resolution and approach to preventative action across a wide geography and complexity of business functions
Training and Development
* Design and deliver training to managers on a scope of ER / people management topics
* Coach and support HR Assistants with low complexity ER activity and generalist HR work / transactions to deliver quality and best practice advice
Reporting, process and projects
* Support the development of HR policies and contribute to wider company policies
* Attend employment law updates and development activities to ensure knowledge is up to date
* Provide an ER Reporting framework that offers visibility and value added management information and analysis to business leaders
* In conjunction with the ER Team, continuously review and improve ER / HR processes and ensure the scope of services are adding value to the business
* Monitor payroll and wider HR reports to ensure company and legal compliance with working time regulations, suspension practice, sick pay entitlement and contracted hours; taking responsibility to take preventative action where issues arise
* Responsibility for fulfilment of HR / ER / Business Projects
* Ambassador for the equality & diversity agenda at Travelodge and provide insight to the business on how we may continuously enhance our E&D agenda
* Support the completion of equal pay audits, periodical people dashboards, board level reporting and external reporting (such as equality data reporting, gender pay gap reporting and annual legislative statements.
What we’ll expect from you
To succeed in the role you’ll be able to display your interest in complex/ volume ER along with a good scope of ER case management experience. Knowledge of ACAS early conciliation and Employment Tribunal procedures would be desirable. You’ll enjoy working in a central HR support setting where you’ll also get opportunities to deliver training and support in the field (20-40%) of the time. You’ll be at your best working in a fast paced environment whilst delivering high quality outcomes and ensuring attention to detail.
In addition, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
* Being of graduate calibre and possess a CIPD qualification or equivalent experience
* Your ability or potential to analyse and risk assess ER matters and advise on practical next steps
* Working knowledge of relevant legislation, in particular the Equality Act and working considerations for a national UK employer
* Ability to adapt to working in a fast paced, NLW employer, value sector and lean hospitality organisation
* Strong team working skills and the ability to influence and build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business
* Strong time management and to manage conflicting priorities, including balancing moderate or high phone call / e-mail volume, case management and wider project focuses
* Your ability to influence and engage business leaders to understand and deliver ER standards across their functional or business areas
* Your passion, warmth and enthusiasm for team development and the HR agenda
* Your ability to operate with a straightforward, warm and optimistic tone of voice and approach and lead by example
* High levels of energy, drive and resilience to change
* Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build effective and lasting business relationships
* Your ability to analyse information and provide insight into ER data / statistics, identifying trends and making practical recommendations
* High levels of integrity and judgement and the principles of equality & diversity are a core value
* Able to work autonomously, yet effectively collaborate as part of a wider ER team.
* Flexible to travel and/or stay away overnight in the UK in order to conduct support visits, training, employment tribunals and supporting line managers with complex cases.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.