9 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza London Waterloo
Type of employment: Full-time
Level: Team member
Date posted: 01/03/2019
Closing date: 28/08/2019
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Engineering career with us as an Electrical Engineer at Park Plaza London Waterloo. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that as we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
* The Electrical Engineer is responsible for keeping the hotel facilities in optimum operating condition by performing preventive electrical related maintenance and repairs on hotel power plant machinery and internal appliances.
* Record electricity related utility meter readings and monitor daily usage
* To support the Chief Engineer with the day to day running of the Engineering operations and support the strategy and direction required to ensure that the engineering provision is delivered. This role will be expected to support the Shift Engineers in the day to day maintenance requests that will arise including replacing or repairing bathroom fixtures, television, carpets etc.
* The Electrical Engineer works closely with the Chief Engineer and in line with the planned maintenance programme, expected to perform proactively and in keeping with legal requirements.
* Must have a comprehensive understanding and full compliance with the Park Plaza Brand Standard Audit criteria and relating Standard Operating Procedures for Engineering. Review and monitor existing and new audit results to ensure the Engineering department achieve the required Company goal.
* HOTSOS requests must be completed within Company guidelines and requests are reviewed to ensure the Engineering department can be proactive in preventing repeat issues. There will also be a need to complete spot checks of your work when completed to ensure relevant standards are achieved.
* The Electrical Engineer must support the activities of the you:niversity Coach for the Engineering department that the required 1 hour training per team member per week is achieved. He will be required to carry out basic electrical training with the other shift engineers.
* The Electrical Engineer is expected to ensure that his appearance and presentation is maintained to a high level at all times. The Electrical Engineer should promote a helpful and professional image to guests and other team members by given full co-operation to requests received. All requests should be dealt with promptly, helpfully, politely and with a caring attitude.
* Comply with all Standard Operating Procedures of all Engineering tasks. This will include ensuring that the preventative maintenance programme is adhered to and ensure that the electrical maintenance of the guest rooms is kept up to date.
* Inspection/maintenance of hotel assets when required to the appropriate standard and ensure that timetables in place are met. The Electrical Engineer will be expected to maintain heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment and ensure that they are in an optimal operating condition by performing routine maintenance and repairs as directed by the Chief Engineer.
* Completion of all “administrative tasks” to comply with relevant internal and external needs when required and adhering to department Standard Operating Procedures. The Senior Shift Engineer must be informed of any usage of supplies/equipment so that they are able to maintain adequate level of supplies required for hotel maintenance.
* Supporting the recording of accurate utility costs by recording meter readings and monitors daily usage.
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfil their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You will be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.