about 1 year ago
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels, spas and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a platform for creativity and a space for its diverse membership to have fun, connect, discover and grow. Our passion is people, and we put members and our team at the heart of everything we do. We promote equality, respect and kindness within our walls, and in every community we create around the world.
In the role of Wellness Director, you will be the visionary for the brand’s health & wellness strategy, helping to drive and implement campaigns that showcase Soho House as an optimal option to boost well being and make healthier choices. As the Director of Wellness, you will play a vital role in improving and sustaining members well being in all Soho House sites. You will be responsible for the day to day management of all fitness and wellness sites, designing a variety of projects and initiatives to enhance people’s physical and mental health. The Director of Wellness will oversee all member engagement in the programs to maintain a high success rate in the company initiatives and support.
* Own and oversee the global wellness division bringing best practice approaches, aligning to Soho House’s company wide well being framework, while collaborating across the business for measurable impact.
* Responsible for sales, business objectives, profitability, long term goals
* Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
* Provide strategic advice to the board so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
* Communicate and maintain trusted relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
* Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of managers providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
* Read all submitted reports by managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
* Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure financial success and company growth
* Maintain budgets and monitor costs against budget; striving to achieve quarterly budgets
* Research and analyse industry, market, and competitors to make informed strategy decisions
* Create initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce operational threats, forestall business risks, and maximises core strengths
* Monitor and improve total sales, EBITDA, and the whole P&L for each operating fitness and wellness site globally.
* Take a comprehensive lead in the design, structure and implementation of all fitness and wellness sites throughout the Soho House portfolio including any new openings.
* Manage multiple teams around the world, working on communication to enhance member engagement.
* Operate as a subject matter expert, guiding and supporting various simultaneous projects and programmes to ensure outcomes are not only preventing poor well being but also health creating.
* Actively participate in all departmental training from a health and wellness standpoint, ensuring each member of staff is trained and developed to achieve the companies Standard Operating Policies and targets.
* Maintain appropriate skills and knowledge to enable Soho House to tackle current and emerging health & wellness risks
* Communicate with Soho House members and guests to get feedback on health & wellness programs and develop ongoing framework for our worldwide houses.
* Experience operating at Senior Manager level with deep wellness, mental and physical health knowledge including demonstrated ability to shift with ease between strategic and tactical agendas.
* Track record in developing and rolling out Health & Wellness programmes.
* Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, persuasive.
* A people person with excellent communicative skills
* Extensive experience in a wellness role with a reputable company at management level
* Fantastic understanding on P&L, budget management and striving to improve business
* Excellent relationship building, stakeholder management and influencing skills with ability to tailor message and style appropriately to a senior stakeholder group
* Existing deep insight into market leading best practice on physical health and networked into groups that can enhance this.
* Experience working in a highly commercial, fast paced, complex, matrixed and transformative environment
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
* Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
* Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
* Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
* Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
* Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
* Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days