3 months ago
Director of Sales
Crowne Plaza Nottingham, Wollaton Road, Nottingham, NG1 5RH
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe..
The purpose of the Hotel Sales Manager role is to secure and develop opportunities to drive revenue and profit from the local & regional markets in to the assigned hotel and where appropriate the portfolio of Hotels.
The Hotel Sales Manager will actively promote the company through continual demonstration of the organisations purpose and values. The Hotel Sales Manager role is the front line and the first impression our clients receive.
Key Responsibilities of the Hotel Sales Manager role are to:
• Manage an agreed account portfolio in order to support hotels targets and sales objectives.
• To work closely with the hotels brand teams to ensure business strategies are consistent & aligned to driving financial performance.
• Act as a conduit for hotels segments non managed accounts enhancing performance
• To work closely with the revenue function & General Manager to ensure aligned balanced Hotel objectives and performance.
• Support the Hotel commercial team to balance a Corporate / Leisure / M&E mix as defined by the hotels strategy
• Produce monthly sales reports of activities, key opportunities, threats and planned actions.
• Implement and manage an effective key account strategy within the sectors important to the hotel
• Create and implement initiatives for the hotel that will deliver: • • increase in REVPAR
• • increase in food, beverage and meetings revenues
• Attend regional and national meetings where necessary in order to support regional and national key account sales activities.
• To use all MI to analyse account performance
• To use Sales Force to record all sales activities and their outcomes
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who can drive commerciality through caring and pride. Being personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Hotel Sales Manager role include:
• Looks for every opportunity to persuade customers to buy products and services.
• Analyses why customers behave as they do and adapts accordingly.
• Acquires skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
• Promotes effective relationships with customers and internal departments.
• Looks for sales opportunities within the thinking and planning process.
• Demonstrates a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
• Provides clear and timely information to customers and the sales department.
• Ensures promises are kept by following through on requests.
The successful applicant must have previous experience as a Hotel Sales Manager within a branded environment, be computer literate, able to interpret management information,
• Award winning employer
• Competitive Salary
• Worldwide team member benefit programme
• 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
• Team member of the month incentive
• Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
• Incremental holiday allowance based on service
• Apprenticeships available
• Healthcare options
• Pension options
• Complimentary car parking
• Complimentary Leisure club membership
• Discounts off Spa treatments
• Local bar discounts
With 210 rooms, our stylish hotel is conveniently situated in the heart of Nottingham,the perfect location for those who enjoy working in the vibrant City of Nottingham.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration for up to 400 people, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests can stay energised with a visit to our Fitness Centre, wind down in the onsite Wellness Centre with indoor pool, jacuzzi and steam room or enjoy a delicious bite to eat at 'Swatch Bar & Lounge'. This contemporary hotel is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Hotel Sales Manager position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.