7 months ago
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a platform for creativity and a space for its diverse membership to have fun, connect, discover and grow. Our passion is people, and we put members and our team at the heart of everything we do. We promote equality, respect and kindness within our walls, and in every community we create around the world.
At Soho House, the Director of People and Development for the UK will have high EQ and foster a culture of collaboration, hard work, and a passion for excellence. As the Director of People and Development, you will report to and work closely with our UK Director of Operations and Chief P&D Officer. The Director will serve as a strategic partner, thought leader and internal consultant to the UK Director of Ops to lead all aspects of P&D (HR) management. This will include architecting the HR infrastructure to support the company’s growth and prioritize a specific focus on further developing the culture and values of the organisation.
A successful Director of People and Development for the United Kingdom must have the ability to invigorate a strong innovative culture while ensuring Soho House & Co. teams are aligned to its strategic objectives. The Director should maintain the flexibility of the unique Soho House culture and act nimbly when balancing short-term and long-term objectives. The Director of P&D is trusted by the employees and respected by leadership. A passionate leader, the Director of People and Development will inspire the current HR team and educate, advise and influence business leaders.
* Drive a culture that embodies Soho House’s Leadership Principles, which reward, promote and encourage high performance throughout the organisation. Ensure cultural consistency as Soho House grows and scales and set up infrastructure to manage through change and continue to improve the level of trust and transparency across levels and functions.
* Cultivate a collaborative environment that encourages partnership among the team and across the global organisation.
* Effectively partner with business leaders and Global Chief HR Officer on organisational design, organisational development, competency models, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, succession planning, talent reviews and change management.
* Work with the Head of Learning and Development to evolve learning and development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as the company executes its growth strategy.
* Optimize and scale the overall team and process for recruiting transformational talent, including team structure, candidate evaluation processes, interview best practices, candidate follow-up, recruiting KPIs and their continuous improvement to drive the growth strategy.
* Work with Senior Leadership to develop a comprehensive organisational development plan and associated individual learning and action plans for high potential employees, ensuring the development of the next generation of leaders.
* Manage a competitive, contemporary compensation program by managing P&D and Systems Manager completing regular market analysis, designing pay structures, conducting cost analyses and effectively implementing improvements
* Provide effective leadership as the region’s principal architect regarding People and Development strategy, practices and operations. Translate business plans into a strategic human resource strategy and plan that are consistent with the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the company. Foster and model an approach to leadership that has service to the business as its core.
The People & Development Director will be a well-rounded leader with exposure to the breadth of the entire function. Ideally, they are passionate about Soho House and will have proven leadership experience in a company undergoing constant change and transformation. They embrace challenge and can align employee strategies with the company’s overall strategic objectives with an eye toward execution, delivery and accountability. To be successful in this role, they must be an inspirational leader who has served as a company’s champion of culture and drives inclusion in all strategies. They must have a collaborative and charismatic management style, the ability to develop talent and build and inspire teams.
* A minimum of 7-10+ years of progressive leadership experience in situations requiring change and evolution
* Held a senior leadership role for an organisation or business of similar scale
* Will have led the corporate human resource function or have equivalent management experience
* Breadth of experience across the entire HR function
* Fluency across a variety of HR disciplines, including organisational development, leadership and talent development, HR process design and HRIS, compensation management, HR administration and diversity and inclusion
* Proven impact on a company’s culture
* Proven success as the “champion of the culture,” facilitating excellent communication and employee engagement across a global and diverse organisation
* Experience presenting concise, thoughtful, analytical presentations to C-Suites and Compensation Committees is desirable
* Global exposure desirable
* Ideally has held an HR or Senior leadership role for a geographically dispersed workforce.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
* Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
* Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
* Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
* Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
* Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
* Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days