about 1 month ago
Responsible for overall operation of food and beverages, bars, and banquet departments delivering quality service, compliance of policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Manage all administrative functions such as scheduling, purchasing for the department, hiring and terminations of associates all in a fiscally responsible manner. Works closely with catering and convention services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Accomplish food & beverage human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates; communicating job expectations, job duties and job responsibilities; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieve food and beverage operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meet food and beverage financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Avoid legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
* Maximize bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
* Publicize the food and beverage by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the food and beverage; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events.
* Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; supervise the maintenance of food and beverage equipment to protect the assets, while securing revenues and complying with legal regulations and ensure quality service.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Investigate, resolve, respond to guest needs, inquiries, comments and/or problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
* Update the cash management system and compile, generate and prepare various reports to aid in the administration of the Food and Beverage department.
* Perform Manager-on-Duty functions and shifts as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Two to four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in a food and beverage leadership role or related position.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to perform critical analysis and manage a wide-range of information. Requires advanced knowledge of business and management principles and practices involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establish priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives. Listen effectively. Operate department within the guidelines of the Foundation Document. Communicate to both, guests and fellow associates, professionally and positively.