about 1 year ago
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director, Change Management BMSC will be responsible for working within Brand, Marketing, Sales and Consumer Services (BMSC) organization to support integration activities within the discipline, including initiatives impacting our hotels and their guests. Primary responsibilities include developing and delivering change management and communications to support Marriott’s hotel operations in Europe inclusive of all lodging segments and brands and across all continent divisions.
This role is offered on a 12-month Fix-term basis.
The role will be responsible for the development and execution of the change strategy and communication approach for all BMSC Integration activity for Legacy Starwood and Marriott Hotels in Europe. The role will work closely with corporate Change Management team and continent cross-functional leads as required (e.g., Project Manager, Implementation Manager, Business Lead, iT Lead, etc.). Project work consists of developing and deploying change management and communication programs through practical application of change management knowledge, technical capabilities, and interpersonal skills; communication strategies, messaging, tactics, channels, and tools; and learning tools and techniques to successfully achieve milestones and objectives of each project.
The position should have a consultative skill set and approach to problem solving, as well as a flexible and collaborative working style. The resource should be comfortable leveraging standard tools and best practices from prior experience to best meet project needs. The work requires the individual to be highly adaptable to change, work within tight timelines, and manage multiple priorities.
EXPECTED RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Specific responsibilities include:
* Contribute to the development and execution of change strategy in support all BMSC projects in order to effectively prepare the organization for change and manage change risks, and ensuring successful implementations
* Own the design and development of change management deliverables, including case for change, stakeholder analysis, change impact assessment, communication strategy/plan, leadership action plan, key messaging, etc.
* Work with cross-functional project team members to identify and develop solutions for complex project issues, partnering closely to ensure active exchange of information and communication among team
* Support org design implementation, as well as change activities related to initiative roll-outs across disciplines
* Manage the design and development of communications deliverables, according to the project plan and inclusive of production schedules, review protocols, editing, and coordination of distribution through appropriate channels
* Establish relevant and consistent communication channels for all Europe key stakeholders (property and above property associates, guests, owners & franchisees)
* Manage the design, development, and execution of communication programs; ensuring message development and execution are consistent in voice, processes, tools and services provided to associates, stakeholders and customers
* Support leadership communications, including presentations, memos, and performance reporting, with a focus on strategic messaging, persuasiveness, and visual attractiveness
* Develop change management programs that ensure stakeholders are knowledgeable, prepared, and motivated for the changes and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful
* Identify methods and measure the effectiveness of programs, set targets, track results, and continuously improve
* Assist in writing and editing materials such as plans, milestone and other status reports
* Manage to detailed work plans with identified deliverables and dates integrated into the overall project plan
* Develop processes and tools to support sustainability
* Escalate issues to team’s leadership, as appropriate
* Other Duties:
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
* 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Communications, Journalism, Psychology, Business Administration, Marketing, or other relevant field
* 4-6+ years of relevant work experience related to change management and/or communications consulting
* Experience in a major consulting firm
* Advanced degree or MBA
* Proven consulting experience supporting large scale transformations, preferably for globally branded organizations
* Experience with large system integrations
* Experience delivering change management tools, approaches, and methodologies
* 2+ years of hotel operations experience
* Travel/hospitality/lodging industry experience
* Experience with graphic design and multi-media production a plus
* Experience with social media networking tools and marketing
Knowledge & Skills:
* Expert written and verbal communication skills; listens to others and effectively comprehends information
* Ability to develop “client-ready” presentation material and communicate effectively to broad range of stakeholders (including senior leaders and hotel associates)
* Demonstrated experience working with and influencing cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
* Strong service orientation, consulting skills, and ability to interface with senior business leaders
* Strong program and project management skills
* Strong presentation and facilitation skills with ability to articulate compelling ideas and drive dialogue
* Ability to review deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established standards
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
* Ability to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision
* Ability to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles
* Good decision making skills – able to recognize and research a problem, identify root causes and cost impact; and apply past experiences to identify alternative solutions
* Able to build and maintain key internal customer and external client relationships by analyzing client needs through soliciting, evaluating and acting on client feedback
* Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with team members, internal stakeholders and external constituents; and ability to influence change through these relationships
* Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders
* Ability to establish rapport with colleagues and work collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to coordinate with other internal departments
* Collaborates and works well in a creative, team-based approach to accomplishing work
* Active learner – able to enhance personal, professional, and business growth through new knowledge and experiences
* Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change
* Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities at any given point in time
* Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
* Persistent; drives ideas
* Engages in fixing the problem
* Analytical; makes decisions using data
* Delivers results under difficult conditions
* Problem solver
* Effective listener
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.