10 months ago
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a portfolio of successful brands including InterContinental, Kimpton, and Holiday Inn, as well as the recently acquired Regent and Six Senses brands.
We passionately believe that it’s our people who make us what we are today, and it’s our people who will help us and our world-famous brands grow. Whether in our corporate offices or hotels, it’s our colleagues’ distinct personalities and talent that bring to life our purpose of providing ‘True Hospitality’ for everyone.
Your day to day
The primary responsibility of the Director, Capital Investments & Transactions (“CIT”) is to support driving IHG’s key strategic growth initiatives through investments and partnerships.
The Capital Investments & Transactions (“CIT”) team is responsible for all aspects of the acquisition / corporate M&A process; sourcing, analysing and executing both single-asset and portfolio investments; managing current and attracting new capital partners; overseeing asset management for existing investments; and general business and partnership development activities.
The Director will be responsible for project managing all aspects of the investment and partnership process, which requires close coordination with multiple teams across regions and functions.
* Execution of IHG’s investments into strategic initiatives, including corporate / brand M&A (i.e. the recent acquisitions of Regent and Six Senses) and single-asset or portfolio transactions.
* Coordinate with the regional Development teams to source and execute high-value, strategic growth deals, with an emphasis on the luxury segment (Regent, Six Senses, InterContinental, and Kimpton).
* Drive strategic and financial analysis in reviewing opportunities. This requires analysing industry, business and financial trends; creating financial projections and models; and driving valuation analysis (NPV, IRR, DCF, etc.).
* Direct due diligence efforts, including the hiring of third-party advisors and consultants, negotiating contracts, and coordinating overall efforts.
* Project manage within a matrix organization – work across regions and functions, interacting with a culturally diverse group of people with a variety of skill sets, across time zones.
* Coordinate internal deal reviews, including preparation of presentations and memos for the senior leadership teams, internal committees, and the board of directors.
* Develop and maintain relationships with investors (existing and potential), investment bankers, developers, lenders, brokers, consultants and other key parties involved in the hospitality industry.
* Work with key internal stakeholders to manage and extract full value from current capital partners, and collaboratively drive relationships with new capital partners / hotel owners.
* Responsible for monitoring existing capital investments in the owned and leased hotels; Undertake ROI and capital recycling initiatives amongst these investments to assess divestment or capital extraction opportunities.
What we need from you
The successful candidate will have a strong combination of experience in corporate finance, the real estate and hospitality industries, project management, and relationship management. The role requires strong analytical, communication and influencing skills together with strategic thinking. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking, and being part of a global team and agenda. A keen interest in the hospitality industry and trends is a must.
* 6 -8+ years of work experience managing complex strategic and financial projects in the hospitality and real estate sectors. Preference for prior work experience in investment banking / capital markets, consulting, investing, or a similar environment.
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting, Hospitality Management / Administration, or Real Estate, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience to demonstrate proficiency in multiple disciplines related to the position.
* Demonstrable project management experience in organising, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation. Ability to multitask, work independently and effectively communicate within a global organisation.
* Strong corporate finance and investment analysis skills (NPV, IRR, DCF, etc.), with acute knowledge of hotel and real estate finance principles. Demonstrated ability to analyse and draw conclusions from financial, statistical and market data.
* Comfortable reviewing and negotiating business terms within legal contracts.
* Industry contacts essential, preference for a strong network of relationships with developers, investors / hotel owners, consultants, and lenders in the hospitality community.
* Demonstrable experience in leading and developing people.
* Advanced knowledge and experience using Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other related programs.
* Role based in Denham with significant time spent in central London. Must be able to travel approximately 40% of the time.
What we offer
At IHG we promise to recognise and reward your hard work, we offer great work benefits for all employees over the globe.
What we can offer you:
* Highly competitive salary
* Strong benefits package including free car parking, hotel discounts worldwide and subsidised restaurant and Starbucks Coffee Shop
* All the support and training for you to fast-track your career at IHG
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone to Denham (approx. 20 – 35 minutes) or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines provide access to Uxbridge, where we provide a free shuttle bus.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing Date for all applications: 22nd November 2019