6 months ago
Travelodge’s mission is to be the UK’s favourite hotel for value.
With more than a million visits every week to our website and more than eighteen million customers a year, the use of technology is critical to both our customer offer and our low-cost operations.
The mission within IT is to ensuring innovative technology drives the business forward, through the development of the company’s customer-facing and internal technology applications.
The job in a nutshell
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in deploying and maintaining Digital web solutions.
You will be responsible for deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly.
The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment management and troubleshooting.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS technologies, operating systems (Linux) and application environments (MySQL, MongoDB, Nginx) with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
What you’ll be doing
* Level 2/3 Digital Application and Platform Support: System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
* Platform Management / Maintenance Engineering: Supporting and maintaining delivery pipelines to help delivery teams release software.
* Production Change and Release Deployments: Deploying, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based and Legacy production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
* In Depth Monitoring and Log Analysis: Optimising and tuning Application Performance Monitoring and system monitoring using tools such as New Relic and Splunk.
* Working with Third Party Suppliers and Dev Teams on Projects/Agile Delivery: Assisting in the delivery of technical aspects of the projects and supporting transition activities into Digital Operations.
* Maintaining the overall health and performance of our web applications and services.
* Build and implement reliable infrastructure components to deliver highly scalable services on the AWS platform.
* Administration and monitoring of our Linux environments.
* Work with development teams to enhance, document, establish process and improve the operability and security of our systems.
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services good knowledge of AWS.
* On call support 1 week in ¾.
What we’ll expect from you
The ideal candidate will be experienced as a Platform Engineer in 24x7 uptime Digital Web environment using a broad range of technologies.
Key skills required for this role:
Help to maintain the overall health and performance of our web applications and services.
Build and implement reliable infrastructure components to deliver highly scalable services on the AWS platform.
Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale Linux environments.
Work with development teams to enhance, document, establish process and improve the operability and security of our systems.
Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (good knowledge of AWS is required).
Solid scripting skills in PHP, Python, Bash, good background in Linux/Unix administration.
Familiarity with large scale databases and proficiency in SQL, MySQL & Mongo db.
Strong experience in maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs
Familiarity with a broad range of open source technologies, build tools and continuous integration systems (i.e. Ansible) Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
Experience working with containers/vm’s.
Experience writing tools for automation, configuration and knowledge of source code repositories (GitHub or bitbucket).
Desired knowledge of the following technologies/tools:
* AWS (e.g. EC2, Lambda, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS)
* New Relic