8 months ago
Travelodge’s mission is to be the UK’s favourite hotel for value.
With more than a million visits every week to our website and more than eighteen million customers a year, the use of technology is critical to both our customer offer and our low-cost operations.
The mission within IT is to ensuring innovative technology drives the business forward, through the development of the company’s customer-facing and internal technology applications.
The job in a nutshell
As a Digital Operations Analyst you will be responsible for supporting digital applications and platform and contribute to the specification and building of new digital infrastructure.
You’ll help to deliver a great digital experience to our customers through driving the very best in support and hypercare. Using industry leading tools you’ll monitor, investigate and identify opportunities to optimise digital systems performance driving improved experience, conversion and revenue.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
What you’ll be doing
* Level 0 Monitoring: Carry out proactive monitoring to ensure any issues within our digital channels are identified and actioned promptly.
* Level 1 and 2 Incident Management and Request Fulfilment for travelodge websites and Digital Applications: Engage with business teams on queries and support issues as well as coordinate major incidents and remedial actions required.
* Reactive / Proactive Monitoring and Log Analysis: Utilise APM tools such as New Relic / Splunk to optimise customer experience and satisfaction through identification of performance improvement opportunities and engaging with the Digital teams, Product Owners and Delivery teams to drive improvements including reporting on the benefit derived.
* Working with Third Party Suppliers and Dev Teams: Participate in current state system analysis, requirements gathering, documentation for specific projects and provide a level of post project warranty support.
* Transition to Digital Operations: Contribute and ensure full handover in project transitions into BAU, managing the handover process for delivered technology including processes and tools.
* On call 1 support week in 3/4
What we’ll expect from you
You must have held similar role with responsibility for monitoring to level 2 support of Websites and Digital Applications in a 24/7 uptime environment.
key skills required for this role:
* Good understanding of Linux fundamentals
* Proficiency in using bash shell
* Understanding of CDN preferably with use of Akamai
* Log analysis preferably using SPLUNK
* Ability to troubleshoot using monitoring tools like New Relic, Pingdom & Solarwinds
* Use of JIRA for workflow management
* Use of Confluence or similar for document repository