8 months ago
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Whether you’re looking for affordability or luxury, we can cater for you. With over 5,500 hotels over the globe and an ever-growing pipeline, our portfolio of brands is constantly changing, as seen with the recent acquisition of the luxury hotel chain, Six Senses. Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you.
Your day to day
As a Deskbound IT Manager you will be responsible for providing a regional SME technical support service (remote) to participating IT cluster hotels, driving zero service outages for the hotel business.
You will also be responsible for:
• Delivering an exceptional level of IT Support service to specific hotels participating in the cluster services, acting as the SME for regional support incidents.• Receiving and owning escalations from cluster hotels.• Ensuring that any incidents are resolved as quickly as possible. • Driving improvements in customer satisfaction.• Working with EMEAA Service Management and Global Service Support teams to ensure 24/7 support for hotels as required.• Working with EMEAA Service Management colleagues to provide a Major Incident Management service to participating hotels.• End-to-end ownership of all technical faults escalated to the team, working with vendors and other support teams as required to resolve the faults.• Providing assistance with ad-hoc requests from the clustered hotels as appropriate.
What we need from you
The successful candidate will have c.5 years experience of working in technical support, preferably in a hospitality arena and c.3 years experience of working within an ITIL environment. You will have gained Microsoft and/or Cisco qualifications and will ideally have ITIL Foundation V3 Certification as a minimum.
You should also have:
* Supplier Management experience.
* Strong knowledge of Hotel Systems (PMS, POS, B/O, Revenue Systems, S&C, etc)
* Subject Matter Expert technical ability in three of the following areas and a strong understanding in the others:
* Email and Internet based technologies
* Data Centre operations
* Security and Patch Management
* Microsoft client technologies
* Microsoft server technologies
* Cisco/Cisco Meraki networking technologies
* Virtualisation technologies such as Virtual Server, VMware, etc
* IP technical knowledge
* Voice (Analogue & IPT) systems
* Experience of using typical Service Management tools and providing concise reporting
* Experience of using remote control software and AD management
What we offer
This role is based in our modern, newly refurbished office in Branston, Staffordshire. Easily accessible from Birmingham, Nottingham and Leicester.
At IHG we promise to recognise and reward your hard work, we offer great work benefits for all employees over the globe. What we can offer you in return:
* Highly competitive salary
* Strong benefits package including free car parking, hotel discounts worldwide and subsidised restaurant and Starbucks Coffee Shop
* All the support and training for you to fast-track your career at IHG
So, apply today if you’re looking to accelerate your career with a business that truly cares.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing Date for all applications: 21st February 2020