about 1 year ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Deputy Head Housekeeper
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Housekeeping in Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton
The role has an impact on every element of our Strategy Map. Their department enables the Company to consistently deliver on our brand promise by maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all guest rooms and throughout the hotel, by practicing and enforcing our standards for health, safety and sustainability. Using all available information in our systems and through interaction with customers, they work at understanding our guests. With this knowledge, we can better deliver on their needs, engage and retain our most valuable customers. They have a role in defining the products and services that make guests feel special and their feedback on guests' needs, helps the Company identify and select the right customers. Deputy Head Housekeepers use the company's disciplined financial controls to manage expenses. In a supervisory role, they set people up to win by ensuring that all employees have the right tools, equipment, training and development to be successful in their jobs. They engage and retain employees.
* Demonstrates ability to proactively prioritize needs of the department and thus is effectively manage resources and time.
* Demonstrates understanding of the technical service skills for the housekeeping area.
* Excellent command of English language, ability to communicate effectively with guest and fellow colleagues.
* Displays excellent team working skills.
* Has a high level of attention to detail.
* Has the knowledge to manage a budget effectively.
* Is able to use technology such as Guest Link/Genesis, Word, My Hr World, POP etc.
* Is aware of health and safety procedures.
* Wears correct uniform and name badge and maintains appearance as per company standards.
* Demonstrates excellent time keeping and completes duties assigned.
* Has an excellent record of attendance.
* Ensures all peers and colleagues follow company standards with regards to uniforms, name badge etc.
* Inspects all areas of the hotels to the company standard.
* Is willing to carry out additional duties when required.
* Is willing to adapt to the changing needs of business.
* Actively develops management and leadership skills and talents.
* Allocates section keys and duties at the beginning of each day to ensure the best possible coverage.
* Provides a line of communication between housekeeping and front of house personnel.
* Ensures that the required control procedures are carried out daily when issuing linen, cleaning materials and guest supplies based on the house count.
* Hands over to the evening housekeeper at end of shift.
* Updates and communicates daily records of attendance, sickness and absentees.
* Records contract cleaning, spring-cleaning, linen changes, etc.
* Carries out daily checks to ensure that all equipment and lighting in the room is functioning properly.
* Reports detraction in standards, i.e. mastic, grouting, chrome work, paint, wallpaper, furniture, upholstery and beds, etc.
* Uses MMS (Maintenance Management System) to report maintenance faults.
* Looks after all equipment and facilities with care in order to minimize wastage and damages.
* Uses Guest link/Genesis to immediately report ready rooms.
* Reports to be filled and completed for the day as necessary for smooth communication and coordination between departments.
* Follows up on daily activity completion, keeps an eye on timely completion of routine tasks.
* Discusses with head of department any new ideas or improvements to be made.
* Adapts to the role and responsibilities of the Head/Executive Head Housekeeper in her/his absence.
* Acts in a responsible way to ensure the security of guests’ belongings including the return and logging of all lost property.
* Ensures rooms are made ready for guests quickly and correctly.
* Is confident in advising guests about hotel facilities.
* Deals with or communicate guest or employee requests or complaints to ensure 100% guest satisfaction and 100% employee retention.
* Assists in the planning, training and development of housekeeping personnel.
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.