10 months ago
Posting Date Oct 18, 2018
Job Number 18002XHS
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Gwent, Wales VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
St Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking, birthday gifts, and generous global hotel and product discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Chepstow, South Wales close to the M48, St Pierre is a picturesque location with two fantastic golf courses where no two days are the same. With an exciting blend of guests and large events, our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and great dining at our hotel's three restaurants.
Culinary associates at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
We offer our associates;
· Competitive pay for every hour worked plus potential gratuities
· Meals on duty
· Leisure membership at the hotel
· Global hotel room discounts for Marriott and it’s brands
· Worldwide food and drink discounts
· An attractive long service programme
· Complimentary uniform
· Inclusive car parking
As a Demi Chef de Partie, you will be required to;
· Work enthusiastically as a member of our busy kitchen team
· Inspect work areas and staff uniforms for defects
· Assist in coaching other staff
· Undertake training & development from senior chefs
· Prepare ingredients for cooking, including washing, peeling & chopping
· Maintain fridges and other food storage areas, monitoring and recording temperatures
· cook and plate food according to agreed recipes and standards of mise en place
· Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers in a safe manner & ensuring correctness of temperatures.
· Set-up and break down work station, washing and disinfecting kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.