6 months ago
Job Level: 4
Position of Line Manager: Reservations Team Manager
The job in a nutshell
As a Corporate Events Advisor you will work as part of a team to support the achievement of the wider Group Channel targets whilst understanding and ensuring that all Corporate Events customers have the best possible customer journey.
You will do this by managing large event bookings from corporate customers and business travel agents, whilst ensuring that the Hotel team have the relevant information about the groups’ requirements during their stay.
What you’ll be doing
Sales and Service
* Management of Corporate Event bookings inclusive of delivering the relevant contracting, booking and finance processes required
* Support of enquiries and requests via telephone, email and website
* Take ownership of any queries or complaints that may be received by the team and management of these with the support of the Reservation Team Manager and/or the Customer Services team accordingly
* Where necessary, resolve any urgent issues in an appropriate manner, sometimes requiring out of hours work
* General day to day administration duties within the office
* Build relationships with our corporate customers and business travel agents to generate increased booking revenues
* Build relationships with other internal departments including Revenue, Hotel Booking Support Team, Finance and Customer Services
* Work as part of a team and liaise with the relevant internal departments to ensure that all Events bookings are made with accuracy and in a timely manner
* Daily support of the wider groups’ team in order to ensure efficient completion of tasks by all team members
What we’ll expect from you
To succeed in the role we are looking for a strong team player with motivation to forge excellent professional relationships with customers and colleagues.
You will be comfortable calling customers to follow up queries and manage their bookings from enquiry to stay, and work well under pressure.
In addition you will need to be confident in the operation of Microsoft Office, and have the ability to manage a large and varied workload in order to meet key deadlines and targets.
Understanding of Opera V5 and Microsoft Dynamics would be beneficial as they are key to this role, however training will be given as required.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.