5 months ago
Role title: Conference & Events Sales Office Manager - Full Time - Buxton
Job Opening: 2018-06-15
Conference & Banqueting Sales Office Manager – The Palace Hotel Buxton
Why wait to make your next career move?
The Britannia Group is the largest independent Hotel Chain in Europe and the 7th Largest Hotel Organisation in the UK with 53 hotels and approximately 7000 employees. The Palace Hotel Buxton are currently looking to recruit a Full Time Conference & Banqueting Sales Office Manager that will report directly to the Hotel General Manager.
The ideal candidate will help us spread the word about the palace Hotel, other hotels and venues within the group along with the amazing deals that we offer. We want to get the best out of our C&B team and to achieve this we are looking for an individual who can help co-ordinate their efforts, focus their attention, monitor their output and maximise productivity.
* To ensure Conference and Banqueting business targets for revenue, occupancy and profit are achieved.
* To effectively manage and drive the C&B team to achieve their objectives
* To grow Conference and Banqueting and function business through proactive selling and effective conversion of all enquiries using the agreed company system, maximum profit always.
* To ensure that every sales opportunity is realised and converted into bookings.
* Must have previous experience in dealing with weddings and private functions, corporate sales and agents.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and resourceful individual who can make things happen. The person must be self-motivating and able to work well within a team.
This position offers a very attractive salary and the opportunity to take initiative in this exciting role!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
* Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
* Discounted stays for you & your family at any of our 53 hotels & parks
* Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
* Uniform (Subject to position)
* Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.