10 months ago
De Vere Theobalds Estate
An elegant and historic Georgian country mansion in Hertfordshire seamlessly combined with modern conference facilities provides the perfect place for your next career move. Located in 55 acres of parkland and only 10 miles from London, the impressive 140 bedroomed property that boasts 29 meetings rooms, a bar and a restaurant, this hotel really has a wide variety of opportunities within all departments.
Conference & Banqueting Assistant
What is the main purpose of the role?
Working within the C&B department, you will be part of a team delivering a high quality service to our customers, maximising on all sales opportunities whilst serving at wedding and other similar private events.
You will provide great customer service at the best possible cost within Group guidelines and satisfying legal requirements. Through your professional attitude and strong knowledge of our products, you will ensure that you give full co-operation to any customer requiring attention and upsell at every opportunity.
You will be on hand to deal with guest queries and complaints and take the appropriate action to achieve total guest satisfaction whilst ensuring that you communicate any problems to senior management.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you enjoy working and dealing with the public and being part of a team. You should be a confident communicator; able to stay calm under pressure and remain courteous when dealing with difficult situations.
Ideally you will have had previous experience within a similar type of environment where delivering great customer service was key.
* A competitive salary
* 28 pro rata days holiday each year, including bank holidays
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
Please take a look.