about 1 month ago
De Vere Selsdon Estate
Selsdon Estate is taking a new direction. Now part of the De Vere brand, a multi-million-pound refurbishment is taking place to bring the hotel back to its former glory. Just 13 miles outside of London and on a great commuter line, Selsdon Estate is set in 205 acres of outstanding park land, including an 18-hole championship golf course. The bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled, and we're excited to be launching our new Restaurant & Bar "1042" early 2018.
We have a high calibre team at Selsdon Estate: enthusiastic and positive, ready to reposition this stunning property to once again become the best hotel in the area.
Conference and Events Manager
What is the main purpose of the role?
In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager, ensure that the overall quality and profitability of the Conference and Banqueting Department(s) assigned to you, along with service standards and staff motivation, are maintained and are continually improving.
Manage the activities of the C&B area(s) assigned to you to improve productivity, merchandising, food quality and service to increase volume, sales and profits. Evaluate and monitor standards within the Conference & Event Operation and make improvements where necessary. Supplying the highest levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the back of house areas.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need prior conference and events experience in a managerial capacity, preferably from within the hospitality industry. Have a passion for conference and events with great interpersonal skills to boot. You will also be able to manage people in a consultative style, by balancing control with encouragement, and having the ability to manage conflict.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty