about 1 month ago
De Vere Latimer Estate
It's a new chapter for De Vere Latimer Estate, Buckinghamshire. Honouring its rich and varied history, the hotel has now completed a £7m beautifully crafted renovation project, including a new restaurant and coffee shop.
Set in peaceful formal gardens and 30 acres of grounds, with sweeping views of the Chess Valley, there are plenty of opportunities to join our team as we look to create amazing experiences for every guest, every time in this stunning venue.
De Vere Latimer Estate is located just five miles from Junction 18 of the M25 and close to Heathrow and Luton Airports as well as the Metropolitan line into central London.
Conference and Events Co-ordinator - Apprentiship *£18,000.00 per annum*
What is the main purpose of the role?
Reporting to the Conference Planning Manager, you will assist the conference and events sales department to co-ordinate and maximise conference and event enquiries and bookings to maximise revenue. You will build strong relationships with your clients through regular contact by telephone, e-mail and in person. You will also actively seek client feedback and sales leads wherever possible. All bookings will be made via our in-house system, creating written confirmations & function sheets.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous hospitality or conference & events sales experience. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels are essential.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be highly organised with an eye for detail and you’ll thrive working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Given this role will involve using our booking system, it would be high beneficial if you have used Opera before however this is not essential.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.