3 months ago
Conference and Events Porter
40 Hours per week including weekends/early and late shifts.
Holiday Inn Peterborough West, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SG
The Holiday Inn Peterborough West is a modern hotel opposite an 18 hole Golf course. It has 133 bedrooms, Restaurant, Bar, 14 Conference and Meeting Rooms for up to 400 delegates and Health and Fitness Club.
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe.
The Conference and Events Porter role involves a range of duties, including: ensuring conference and events rooms are set up to a high standard according to guest requirements before they arrive, servicing the rooms during their event and being ready to help to make sure the event runs smoothly on the day. You’ll also serve food and drinks as and when required. From syndicate rooms to conferences, exhibitions private banqueting/dinners and weddings you will ensure all of our guests receive efficient, professional and friendly service at all times.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Conference and Events Assistant role include:
• Identifying customer service problems or issues before they arise.
• Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with customers.
• Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
• Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
• Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
• Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on customer requests.
• Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
The successful applicant must have previous experience in customer service preferably in a hospitality related role, be able to work flexible hours on a shift basis on any day of the week. An aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative while maintaining a cheerful disposition is required.
• Award winning employer
• Competitive Salary
• Worldwide team member benefit programme
• 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
• Team member of the month incentive
• Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
• Incremental holiday allowance based on service
• Apprenticeships available
• Healthcare options
• Pension options
• Complimentary car parking
• Complimentary Leisure club membership
• Local attraction discounts
With 133 rooms, our stylish hotel is conveniently located just 2 miles from the train station.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration for up to 300 people, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests can stay energised with a visit to our Fitness Centre or wind down in the onsite pool and sauna. Our guests also love our 'Zula Beauty Sanctuary' which offers rejuvenating treatments. This contemporary hotel is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Conference and Events Assistant position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.