4 months ago
De Vere Canary Wharf
In the heart of the Capital sits De Vere Canary Wharf, one of London’s most premier business addresses for outstanding conference and meeting facilities and exclusive private dining. It’s a central meeting point for any business goer – and we want to meet you! Joining our team gives the opportunity to work across 17 training, conference and meeting rooms, plus a bar and exclusive restaurant. It's a premier location and we need a premier team to match!
Conference and Banqueting Team Leader
What is the main purpose of the role?
As a key part of our Conference & Banqueting team, you will be responsible for overseeing and supervising the general and specific operational issues and administration of all reservations within the centre to ensure the potential of the venue is maximised and monthly budget achieved.
You will positively approach all sales opportunities in order to achieve the property’s sales plan, ensuring that all sales disciplines and procedures are followed in order to develop the business. You’ll also need to exercise efficient diary management in order to manage the yield within the conference office.
The fundamental part of this role is to deliver an excellent service to all guests and clients making enquiries or bookings at the hotel, with face to face and telephone meetings as well as helping to host events during busy seasonal times.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will need previous experience within a conference or banqueting role, providing excellent customer service and be a strong problem solver, especially when it comes to dealing with customer queries.
It is also desirable that you can demonstrate some hotel based experience, although this is not essential, but you must have previously worked events on a large scale.
In addition you will need to be:
• A strong communicator
• Flexible in your approach
• Driven to succeed
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.