about 1 year ago
This position is concerned with the daily operation of a busy department and the management of Assistants providing service to our meeting and dining delegates ensuring all needs are met and that we exceed our guest expectations.
Our successful Conference and Banqueting Supervisor will be responsible for;
* Supervising and coordinating conference and catering activity.
* Ensuring function room set ups are as per Banquet Event Order (BEO) and that our standards are maintained.
* Attending morning meetings to determine event requirements daily.
* Anticipating event needs, respond promptly and create solutions to issues that may arise. Always aim to improve the guest journey and create ‘WOW experiences’ for our customers.
* Hosting pre and post service briefings.
* Maintaining complete knowledge of Delphi BEO format in order to determine event requirements and trouble shooting.
* Being proactive in the housekeeping of our event rooms ensuring customer areas are well maintained and in excellent working order. Ensure we maintain a clean and productive working environment and all stock is stored, cleaned and well maintained.
* Maintain Audio Visual equipment, provide preventative maintenance and security for hotel possessions. Have a sound knowledge of Audio Visual Requirements and provide technical support to guests and training to staff.
* Ensure all back of house storage areas are well maintained and replenished.
* Conduct monthly stock takes of all Audio Visual Equipments and ensure security is maintained. Raise Purchase Orders for any Hotel Audio Visual inventory needed.
* The security and preventative maintenance of all function rooms. Report any issues and/or necessary work needed to Maintenance ensuring this is followed up and auctioned.
* Training, development and motivation of C&B Assistants, along with creating and implementing new standards of procedure when required.
* Participating in all departmental training sessions.
* Establishing personal but professional rapport with guests and staff alike.
* Liaising with conference organisers as and when required to attend to their room set up needs.
* Responsible for leading a team, therefore need to ensure effective communication. productivity levels are high and attention to detail maintained by all team members
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Conference and Banqueting Supervisor will;
* Have a proven record as a Supervisor, preferably from within a luxury food service environment
* Experience in delivering exceptional standards
* Have an eye for detail
* Be a great communicator and primarily be guest focussed
* Be determined to create a memorable customer experience.
* Possess strong team leadership skills
* Be a great communicator
* Be physically fit and be able to stand for long periods of time
* Have previous experience in training and developing staff
* Be highly organised
* Have good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Hotels and Venues are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
* Competitive salary
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Complimentary car parking
* Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
* Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Exclusive Hotels and Venues is a family owned collection of six individual and characterful country house hotels and venues situated across the south of England. Offering every imaginable leisure, wedding, meeting and training requirement and more they are all situated in beautiful locations, surrounded by acres of stunning countryside and gardens.
Exclusive Hotels and Venues