5 months ago
De Vere Devonport House
Right in the heart of Greenwich, famed for its maritime history and naval links, sits Devonport House, well known and popular for hosting fantastic weddings and conferences. It's a great venue to work if you want to develop your career in hospitality as we regularly have opportunities within our hotel teams including reception, restaurant, housekeeping, kitchen, weddings, and meeting and events.
We have a tight knit team at Devonport House, and we really take the care to promote our training and development opportunities across all our teams, offering our colleagues great scope for building an exciting career in hospitality.
Conference and Banqueting Manager
What is the main purpose of the role?
The role of the Conference and Banqueting Manager, is to ensure that the overall quality and profitability of the Conference and Banqueting Departments assigned to you, along with service standards and staff motivation, are maintained and are continually improving.
Manage the activities of the C&B areas assigned to you to improve productivity, merchandising, food quality and service to increase volume, sales and profits. Evaluate and monitor standards within the Conference & Event Operation and make improvements where necessary. Supplying the highest levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the back of house areas.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need prior conference and events experience in a managerial capacity, preferably from within the hospitality industry. Have a passion for conference and events with great interpersonal skills to boot. You will also be able to manage people in a consultative style, by balancing control with encouragement, and having the ability to manage conflict.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.