about 1 year ago
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La: someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform. Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
We are diverse, warm and caring but also demanding, dynamic and innovative.
As with every property in the group, Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London, will operate on a simple yet powerful philosophy of Shangri-La hospitality from warm, caring people.
The uniquely Asian view of service at this luxury hotel in London embodies the core values of respect, helpfulness, courtesy, sincerity and humility. These qualities have been the cornerstone of the Shangri-La success.
We currently have a vacancy for a Concierge Assistant joining our team.
Under the direct supervision of the Service Leader–Concierge, the Service Leader Associate-Concierge Assistant, is the key part of the Concierge team operations to provide efficient, courteous professional assistance to guests at the hotel by directing mainly rest of the bellman. By supervising the Bell Team and effectively communicate with Concierge, Front Office and Door Team
* He/she will greet all guests by name when encountered.
* Concierge Assistant will direct Bellmen for loading and unloading all guest luggage from vehicles and assists guests with general inquiries about the hotel and the city of London. Concierge Assistant will also provide hotel orientation.
* Will ensure implementation of and adhering to policies and procedures in line with the standards of Shangri-La’s Hotel at The Shard.
* Must be a superb gatekeeper in handling guest enquiries through voice, email or any other means. The first point of contact on many occasions and the “face” and “voice” of Shangri-La hotel at The Shard, London"
* In addition to the skills of a Bellman, Concierge Assistant will have exceptional people management skills and business acumen, including a keen interest in training and developing his/her team.
Our proposition to you
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we believe that with the right attitude, anything is possible at Shangri-La and we will invest heavily in your training, offering a variety of programmes for all levels, as well as our own training school, the Shangri-La Academy.
Our aim is always to keep and reward the very best. So each year we fill most of the company’s management positions via internal promotions and transfers and with over 50 projects in development around the world, the opportunities are endless.
We also recognize our responsibility to society and to the environment, and have developed policies and practises which make a real difference.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send us your CV together with a cover letter which must include the following:
* salary expectations
* a brief overview of the reasons why you wish to join Shangri-La Hotel At The Shard
* specific details of your current entitlement to take up employment in the UK
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates
[Not translated in selected language]