6 months ago
This fantastic role within our professional Kitchen Brigade is the perfect opportunity for a highly motivated, ambitious Commis Chef looking to progress their career within the Hospitality Industry.
We expect all our Chefs to have a passion for food and a flair for excellent standards of presentation, where the emphasis is always on creating the very best of guest experiences.
As a Commis Chef, you will be responsible for;
* Ensuring the prompt and efficient preparation of all meals at the required time to the highest of standards.
* Ensuring your section is always fully prepped and ready for the next service.
* To maintain clean and hygienic work areas and practices
* Ensure all orders are placed and received and checked for accuracy
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful Commis Chef will :
* love to cook
* be willing to learn and develop
* have a warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality
* aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
* have an eye to seek improvements on standards and service
* have an innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
* have a flair for food and an knowledge of basic kitchen practices
* be flexibile in attitude, approach and working hours
* be knowledgeable of Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards
The role is full time. Live in accommodation may also be available.
Company Benefits Package
At English Lakes Hotels, Resorts and Venues it is our pride in the quality and devotion of our people that make our business a success. We are committed to a culture where creativity and innovation are encouraged to allow our people to reach the very best in their personal and professional growth. We encourage an environment where training and development and career progression are key aspects in ensuring a happy, supported team and alongside this we also offer our successful applicants a whole host of other benefits which include :-
* Chef whites (except footwear)
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Complimentary car parking
* Complimentary Leisure Club Membership and Family Leisure Club Membership (subject to t&'s).
* Complimentary Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay for 2 to celebrate your birthday
* Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
* Discounts on food and beverage across all English Lakes Restaurants
* English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
* Annual departmental awards
About the Hotel
Set in the ancient beauty of the Gilpin Valley, this historic Wild Boar Inn has the warmest of welcomes and standard of service complemented by our individually designed rooms. The Grill & Smokehouse and open kitchen offer a theatrical backdrop to the overall dining experience, with 72 acres of mature ancient woodland adding to the idyllic setting of this beautiful Inn.
The Wild Boar proudly continues its commitment to the best locally produced seasonal ingredients. Winner of the Silver Award in the VisitBritain Pub of the Year, The Wild Boar has a very special reputation locally and nationally for its quality of food and drink experience with a welcome as warm as the open log fires
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels, Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakeland and North Lancashire areas, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, a Watersports Centre and Marina. This dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full on line application form or you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
Apply now or go to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs for all current vacancies.
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.