5 months ago
Are you an ambitious and inquisitive chef with a flair for the Pastry section?
We are seeking an imaginative Commis chef who is starting out in their career and would like to come and join our team. If love having the ability to produce exquisite and delicious pastry to delight diners, this could be the perfect role for you.
Our busy kitchens produce indulgent ranges of delicate desserts, proper puds and other sweet treats for the whole hotel. From large-scale conferences and events to inspired mini-desserts for The Glasshouse and afternoon tea pastries both classic and contemporary.
You must have:
* A clear command of the English language, both written and spoken
* NVQ Level 1 & 2 (or equiv)
* A positive and flexible attitude
The Grove is one of three prestigious hotels operated by Ralph Trustees, a family owned hotel group. We are a spectacular 5* venue and resort, offering our customers a slice of tranquillity and calm, away from the stresses of every day life.
Across our 300-acre estate we offer fine dining, a range of outdoor activities (including our famed Golf course) and an indulgent award-winning spa and health club. Being family owned means that both our guests and our employees are treated as individuals and not one of the crowd.
Why join us?
Alongside the personable touches that come with working for a family run business, we also offer a range of benefits that are designed to enable you to feel valued and appreciated as an important member of our team:
* The chance to make use of the on-site award-winning facilities such as the spa, golf course and gym.
* A staff canteen with a free meal during your shift
* A subsidised shuttle bus from Watford town centre
* Generous discounts for you and your family/friends on stays with the hotel
* Subsidised staff accommodation (if required)