about 1 month ago
De Vere Selsdon Estate
The next chapter for De Vere Selsdon Estate is afoot and we are looking for new team members to join us on the journey.
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment, Selsdon Estate now looks incredible and so it is the perfect time to join our team. We offer a fantastic range of opportunities and development in our departments including restaurant & bars, weddings, conference & events, kitchen, leisure, golf and front of house to name just a few.
Working at De Vere Selsdon Estate means you’ll get involved in everything from weddings to corporate meetings and banqueting events. Our team works hard, so we show our appreciation by hosting colleague functions and treats such as family fun days, donut days and welcome gifts on your first day. With excellent training and career development opportunities, your future awaits.
Commis Chef - Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Commis Chef, you'll receive £500 Welcome Bonus*when you join De Vere. Or, if you're moving for a role, we also offer a £1500 relocation bonus** plus a free two night stay for yourself or family to visit.
Working as an Apprentice Commis Chef, you'll achieve a Level 2 Commis Chef qualification, so you'll need to manage your time well as you'll be working and learning as part of your development. You'll need to be hardworking, flexible and committed to the apprenticeship programme. A Chef career with De Vere means variety, industry leading professional development, fun at work and career prestige, because you’ll be working for one of the brightest brands in hospitality.
As an Apprentice Commis Chef, you’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop, and have the opportunity to join our Chef Development Programmes. Our Apprentice Commis Chefs are seriously passionate about food, but we want you to love your career just as much. We have a superb Chef Academy, offering a variety of qualifications that run up to Chef de Partie, Sous Chef and Head Chef level.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for preparing ingredients whilst supporting the kitchen brigade, ensuring you work to the highest standards of cleanliness food hygiene and health and safety. Our hotels are vibrant and inviting, and so is our food offering across our venues such as our fabulous 1705 Restaurant & Bar at De Vere Beaumont Estate, 1560 Restaurant & Bar at De Vere Wokefield Estate, and 1853 Restaurant & Bar at De Vere Tortworth Court.
We appreciate that completing and achieving an apprenticeship qualification takes dedication, hard work and a lot of personal motivation. At De Vere we are passionate about celebrating and sharing success, so when you pass your apprenticeship we think it's only right that all of your hard work is recognised and rewarded. As such, we will celebrate this fantastic achievement with you by offering:
* A £250 congratulations bonus
* One extra days paid holiday
* A place on the apprenticeship "Wall of Fame"
* A bespoke gift from De Vere
* A celebration dinner / event with other successful apprentices.
*Subject to Tax and NI
**Cannot be taken in conjunction with Welcome Bonus. Subject to Tax and NI.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.