8 months ago
* The Berkeley
* Full time
To join our kitchen team around Executive Chef Shaun Whatling, we are currently recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Commis Chef.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Commis Chef you will:
* Assist the kitchen brigade in the daily preparation, mise-en-place and service of food
* Ensure that the highest standards are maintained at all times and that your section, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy
* Be responsible for culinary delights for our Collins Room restaurant, In-Room Dining, Banqueting Events and our Health Club & Spa.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Commis Chef who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. You will be a team player, have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and service.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
* A passion for food and developing your culinary skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* A high standard of personal presentation
* Ability to work under pressure
* Confident and professional approach