3 months ago
What makes us special:
Few addresses are richer in history and anecdote than this hotel; it is one of the most iconic addresses in London! Great Scotland Yard Hotel is our newest property in the UK and is due to open in July 2019.
Offering a unique Food and Beverage experience for our guests, thanks to Robin Gill’s expertise, we offer much more than a high-quality service of Rooms. Robin Gill who has worked with chefs of note in the industry such as Marco Pierre White and Raymond Blanc, will oversee the whole of F&B and his authentic, genuine and yet non-conformist approach provides memorable experiences.
Our guests should expect the unexpected! We aim to inspire the freedom to be extraordinary, enabling individual stories through curated, authentic experiences.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate chef to join a creative and highly-skilled team of chefs in one of our 5 F&B outlets:
* The Yard: the unique flagship restaurant of the hotel. This restaurant will focus on the best of what the British seasons has to offer.
* Forty Elephants: our cocktail bar, offering everything from a tasty, light breakfast all the way through to delicious and exciting bar snacks alongside specialised classic & signature cocktails.
* Sibin: Creates a sense of secret indulgence through its dark, wooden interiors. The drink offering will be industry leading, allowing for an experience that is unexpected and exciting. With a specialised whisky menu coming from hand chosen artisanal Celtic producers.
* The Parlour: our light, airy, colonial lounge area open throughout the day. The offering is focused on more typical lounge snacks including ‘healthy-ish’ options and a signature afternoon tea, which has many highlights, namely remarkable cakes and pastries.
* Grace and Favour: events and banqueting space.
About the role:
As Commis Chef joining the team, you will play a key part in supporting the day to day running of the kitchen and creating outstanding food in order to provide a superb dining experience for our guests at any time of the day. Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the mise en place
* Preparing and presenting dishes to high standard levels
* Deep knowledge of menus and seasonal products