8 months ago
Commis Chef- Store Street Exchange
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester, One Piccadilly Place, 1 Auburn Street, Manchester, M1 3DG
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe.
The Commis Chef role involves a range of duties including: preparing and presenting dishes to a set specification under the guidance of an experienced kitchen team whilst ensuring our guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes. The Commis chef will learn about dishes for a variety of dining areas including the restaurant, room service, conferences, banqueting and weddings.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Commis Chef role include:
• Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
• Providing clear and timely information to internal and external contacts.
• Anticipating potential problems and solutions within the planning process.
• Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
• Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
• Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
• Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests
The successful applicant should have a good general education, food hygiene awareness, previous experience within a hotel or hospitality related role with a willingness to learn and be able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
• Award winning employer
• Competitive Salary
• Worldwide team member benefit programme
• 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
• Team member of the month incentive
• Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
• Incremental holiday allowance based on service
• Apprenticeships available
• Healthcare options
• Pension options
With 285 rooms, our stylish hotel is conveniently situated just 3 minutes' walk from Piccadilly train station, the perfect location for those who enjoy working in the vibrant City of Manchester.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests can enjoy stunning views of Manchester from the SkyLounge, located on the 11th floor as well as a visit to our foodie theatre, 'Store Street Exchange and Craft Bar' which offers rotisserie chicken and tender steaks as well as a unique collection of local craft beer and cocktails. A great place to work!
Store Street Exchange - Manchester
Located on the ground floor of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Manchester, our restaurant provides friendly, but never casual, service in a relaxing, warm atmosphere. Serving the finest quality ingredients, our signature dish is our Goosnargh Rotisserie Chicken and our Store Street Craft Bar serves a fantastic range of cocktails and craft beers.
The restaurant is just a two-minute walk from Piccadilly train station, the perfect location for those who enjoy working in the vibrant City of Manchester. This contemporary restaurant is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Commis Chef position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.